There are 997 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 235,667 times. The latest Post () was by ethanedwards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi

On this day 15th December

113 years ago the director of photography Victor |Milner was born he worked on Reap the Wild Wind

95 years ago the actor Michael Ross was born he was in the Comancheros and The Fighting Kentuckian.

96 years ago the actor Nicholas Stuart was born, he made few screen appearances one of which was The Longest Day.

84 years ago the actor Maurice Jara was born he was in the Flying Leathernecks

38 years ago the actress Dorothy Abbott committed suicide aged 47 she made under 45 screen appearance and was known as the human wailing wall for her portrayal of hard done by downtrodden women. She appeared in Jet Pilot.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

On this day 16th December

122 years ago the actor J.M Kerrigan was born he was in The Fighting Seabeas and The Long Voyage Home.

110 years ago the film editor Fred Allen was born he was the editor on Dakota

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

On this day 18th December

40 years ago the actor Bill Hunter died.
    Very little is known about this actor not even his date of birth or how old he was when he died. All that is known is that he appeared in 30 pictures between 1937-55 and that he played a mechanic in Flying Tigers.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

As we slowly wind down the year 2006 so it is time to look at the on this day thread with a view to winding this down as well. It started in February 2004 and has been going regularly since then. However the list of events and characters doesn't get longer as the years go by and I think although it is still possible to find some of Dukes co-workers it is getting increasingly harder and I forsee more and more gaps until the time comes when it dries up altogether.

But for now On this day December 19th

106 years ago the actor and stuntman Jimmy Dundee was born he appeared in Reap the Wild Wind and made 113 pictures in total as an actor and also appeared as a stunt man.

101 years ago the writer Dorothy M Johnson was born she wrote \The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
    From IMDB

A graduate of the University of Montana, Dorothy Marie Johnson left her widowed mother in Whitefish, Montana and moved to New York City, where she worked as a writer and an editor of women's magazines. In 1950, she returned to Whitefish and edited the local paper for three years; she then joined the faculty of the University of Montana School of Journalism. She subsequently published seventeen books and fifty-two short stories, all primarily about the American West.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

On this day 20th December

123 years ago the actor Charles K Gerrard was born he appeared in Men Without Women.

48 years ago the actress Elizabeth Risdon died aged 71 she had featured in Tall in the Saddle and appeared in almost 150 pictures and television

43 years ago the actress Grayce Hampton died aged 87 she worked on 48 pictures including Without Reservations.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

A day late because I tried to get on last night but couldn't

so on this day 21st December

98 years ago the actor Arch Hall sr was born he appeared in Overland Stage Raiders.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Hi

I would like to thank all who have read or contributed to 'on this day' over the last couple of years. But now it is time to stop. Hopefully we will come up with something else in the not to distant future, but at this moment in time I don't know what that will be.

But for now

[ATTACH]1160]

T-T-THAT'S ALL FOLKS

THE END

My Very Best Regards

Arthur

• Hi Arthur,

I know how you feel!
    I felt much the same way,
    when I had completed
    the Movie Reviews and 'Pals'

Many thanks for a wonderful series,
    and look forward to you next one!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Arthur,

I must apologize that I missed the "ending" of this fine thread. With our new format, if I haven't been on for a few days, the quick links seem to only bring up the new posts from the past day (24 hours), so something that I missed a couple of days ago requires a little more looking.

Thank you so much for your awesome effort with "On This Day"!! We have really enjoyed it, and all the information you have shared.

Chester :newyear:

• I must say that I really enjoyed what you have written and learned a lot from your posts on this thread. Thanks Arthur for this great history lesson. I will keep this as a chronology of the poeple of Duke's life.

It is funny that you ended this on page 99 and of course we have this on page 100.

Thanks again, Arthur.

Cheers Hondo :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Chester

The new system does allow for all unread posts to be brought up for each individual user which can take in a number of days. Today is Monday and I haven't been on the board sice Friday. When I loaded up 'Dukewayne.com' a little message at the left of the screen told me how many posts there had been since my last visit, all that has to be done here is to click the link beside the message and a mini forum will be brought up will all the threads in it relating to unread posts.

Hope this helps.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• MR. A. my hats off to you:thumbs_up:I believe all of us should go back to page 1 and read a couple of pages a day. It don't hurt having a few smarts ever now and then. THANK YOU:wink_smile: You are a true asset to all of us!

That'll Be the Day!