The Members Chat Thread

There are 1,201 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 359,976 times. The latest Post () was by gettingold80.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Here is another time waster

hi Popol, may I ask you something? As I said elsewhere I spent time watching Werner Herzog's films over Christmas and couldn't help seeing often the name Popol Vuh in the credits. You are too young to be the composer himself (unless you started as a child), but is your nick taken after him? Do you especially like his music or just the name?

I don't believe in surrenders.

• I answer to some of my questions myself: Popol Vuh is a German band founded in 1969, they were much inspired by Mayan mystisism and the name means a "meeting place" in Mayan. To confuse things, another band, Norwegian, adopted the name slightly later, and I understand that also the music has a lot in common.

• Hi etsija.

Sorry, but I didn't see your previous post before now.

You are correct. I started using Popol Vuh on another forum a long time ago and I was listening to a song by the Norwegian band while registering. I have used it on a couple of other forums too. I have also read that it is the holy scripts of the Mayas, and I knew about the name confusion. The Norwegian band had to change it's name to "Popol Ace" since the German band had been using the name before the Norwegian band was formed.

Anyway I am barely old enough to remember the band and to young to have been a fan. If I had known I was going to stay on this message board for such a long tim I would have chosen something more "John Waynish", but I consider myself more of a fan of old movies, and espescially westerns than a John Wayne fan. He stars in more good westerns than anyone else though. I was just looking for some information about some westerns when I noticed a question Chester asked that I had been researching for about a half a day just prior to coming here so I registered to answer this. The discussions and friendliness of this board kept me here to stay for a long time. :beer:

Regards
    Popol Vuh

I answer to some of my questions myself: Popol Vuh is a German band founded in 1969, they were much inspired by Mayan mystisism and the name means a "meeting place" in Mayan. To confuse things, another band, Norwegian, adopted the name slightly later, and I understand that also the music has a lot in common.

• Thanks for the explanation, Popol. I like the sound of your nick :martini_shaken:

By the way, I scored 320.2 in the penguin game and will leave it at that.

Here's http://www.miniclip.com/games/snow-line/en/ a belated Christmas game, frustrating and time consuming :uhoh: I finally reached the Summit with 5449 points.

• Man that summit was tough... but my score was 9316.. thought I did good until I looked at the high scores..

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Thanks for the nice words Chester, EE and Etisja.
    Besides Keith, I am often here even if I don't post. I like reading what you guys write.

9082 for me, and it was a fun game.

Regards
    Popol Vuh

• Kind of thought some pretty young thing must of strolled by and took all you guys with her.

Younger or older, just treat me right....

Baby Sis

:cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara