There are 14 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,216 times. The latest Post () was by Moonshine_Sally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This Summer, my brother and sister-in-law bought the DVD series of Lost (The First Season). Didn't think I'd like it, but watched it anyway.

We saw the whole first season in two weeks, and enjoyed it. We finished it a day before the second season started, and have been watching it in real time. Liked the DVD version better because we got to see the whole season all at once and no commercials.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about this show? :D

Have to go, it's about to come on in a few minutes. :P

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We were kind of talking about this in another thread, well not Lost, but we were discussing the poor programing on TV these days. Anyways, I have watched this from the beginning and this is the only show I watch on TV besides the movie channels(AMC, Turner, and FMC) and sports.

I really like the characters and I enjoy how it tells the story of there former lives while things are happening at the present. The plot twists are enjoyable. About the only thing I don't like about it is that after every show all I have is more questions!! Guess that's why I keep coming back!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• My wife had heard that the show was good and she talked into renting the first season. Now we're hooked. We've seen all the episodes of the new season except No. 3, last weeks. One thing I've discovered and maybe you have to is that it's beginning to look like that all the main characters lives are connected somehow. At least that's how it's starting to look.

• My wife and I both love this show also. The plot twists keep you guessing. I like the way they show you bits and pieces of the character's former lives also. I agree, it seems they all were brought together for a reason. I just wanna know what happened to the monster that was in the first few episodes. I guess time will tell. It's a great show!! I work when it's on, but I make sure the VCR is set to record it.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I am completely obsessed with this show. The hour it's on is the highlight of my week. I count the hours till it comes on.

It's the first hour long show I've watched since LA Law. The thing that drives me crazy are the six breaks and almost 15 minutes worth of commercials. There didn't used to be that many.

I thought last night's episode was weak. Maybe the worst one that's been on either season but they can't all be gems. They had been on a great role.

• Viper,

I was reading that thread, and thought about this show. So I wanted to post this and see if I was the only one. Not many, but there are a few out there watching.

I found last night a little weak, but I beginning to realize that it's a lot harder following this one week at a time than watching the whole season all at once. Are there any other takers about this show?

I like the characters, and really like the flashbacks myself. Different. And you know the tie-ins are there but how is that, and how many seasons are we going to have to see before we get it?

I was sad to see Boon die in the first season. This could have been a pretty good story that was in the making, but maybe that is a tie-in also. ;)

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• gday all

i cant say that i have been watching this programme but my sister watched the first lot we have to wait a while for the next lot to come down under. the time its on clashes with something else i watch or i'm busy at the time and it doesnt really hold my attention ( have attention span of a nat at the moment :lol: )

glad to see you mob are enjoying it

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

Originally posted by ethanedwards@Oct 14 2005, 02:38 PM
    I've not seen this series

Neither have I. I'm so disgusted with modern TV programming that I'm reluctant to even watch any new series for fear it's the same old garbage. What's the expression, "Once burnt - twice shy" or something like that?

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Lostaways, did you catch that Hurley's boss at the chicken joint Randy, played by Billy Ray Gallion was the same character and actor as Locke's boss at the box factory?

Lostaways, did you catch that Hurley's boss at the chicken joint Randy, played by Billy Ray Gallion was the same character and actor as Locke's boss at the box factory?

No I didn't. Maybe things are not as they seem!!

-John Wayne

• Boy you guys are on top of everything. Is there a connection there? <_<

You're right Stumpy. I didn't see this last season. My brother and sister-in-law sent me the DVD series 1 collection and asked us to watch it. I watched it and it is one of the better shows on TV. I'm not trying to endorse this to you, Stumpy, but it is one of the few that is pretty good. Not all the sex and violence like so many of the shows today.

Cheers B)

- John Wayne quote

Not all the sex and violence like so many of the shows today.

But there is some violence and there is some implied sex but nothing to get excited about. I just wanted to clarify alittle for you Stumpy, in case you decided to watch it. :)

-John Wayne

• It only started here about 6 weeks ago and I watched the first 4 episodes(they show 2 episodes in a row) and I didn't really get into it so after 2 weeks I "forgot" to watch.Maybe I should give it another try...