What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,448,834 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• "A Trail To Hope Rose" (2004)
    -Lou Diamond Phillips, Ernest Borgnine, Lee Majors

An ex-con gets a job at mine and tries to go straight but trouble always seems to follow him.
    Made For TV Movie
    In a word, this film is BORING! The actors all do a fine job, but the film moves at a plodding snails pace and nothing really seems to happen. A dull. dull film.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Rio Bravo-no wait, that was the last Duke Western I saw. Last night I saw James Garner in: "Support Your Local Gunfighter." And since I bought the 4 Magnificent Seven movie set from W-M a few days ago, I think im going to enjoy one of those tonight ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• My daughter just brought "3:10 To Yuma" over and we watched it together. I loved it ! I thought it had a unexpected ending.

I won't be wronged-I won"t be insulted-I won't be laid a hand on. :cowboy:

• Watched the Civil War Western "The last Outpost" (also known as "Cavalry Charge") with Ronald Reagan from an old video-tape. It was wonderful to see this movie again after 20 years or so... Ronald Reagan made a few fine movies, but they are rare to finde here in Germany.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Watched the Civil War Western "The last Outpost" (also known as "Cavalry Charge") with Ronald Reagan from an old video-tape. It was wonderful to see this movie again after 20 years or so... Ronald Reagan made a few fine movies, but they are rare to finde here in Germany.

Speaking of: "The Last Outpost," this movie is on DvD-but I don't know if its the region-that you have over there. Anyway, it is one of my all-tmie most favorite Westerns. This is partly because the Confederates actually "win onw" for a change and are also not portrayed as the bad guys. :thumbs_up:

This movie also had Bruce Bennett, and Noah Beery Jr. I too always thought Ronald Reagan did a great job of acting in this movie - playing the part of Bruce Bennetts (the Union Colonel's) younger Brother who was a Confederate Cavalry Captain.

• The last (Good) Western I watched was shown on TCM last night which was: Alvarez Kelly w/ Richard Widmark, William Holden, Harry Carey Jr. and Patrick O'Neil.

The last Western I saw was right after that called: The Way West, which I didn't care much for even though it had many of my favorite "names" and "faces" in it-including: Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Harry Carey Jr and Jack Elam..

• The Ballad of Cable Hogue, Peckinpah's best western, I think.

Whity, marginally a western, very Fassbinder.

I don't believe in surrenders.

• "El Dorado" - the more I see this movie, the more I love it!

i agree with El Dorado - yesterday i watched 'Jonny Guitar' - its the same case - great cast - great story - great picture - Sterling Hayden never was a great star or actor but in J.G / Dr. Strangellove and Asphalt Jungle he is over the top!!

[CENTER][/CENTER]

• I watched Dodge City with Errol Flynn this morning. Get a kick out of seeing Bruce Cabot sneering as the bad guy.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• The last Westerns I saw and im mentioning more than one because all three were Duke's movies, are:

whilst in the hospital and on Sat morning, they played: The Searchers--on AMC. As my Bro-in-Law and Sis have a cable box on their set-they also get Encore Westerns channel--actually two of them. The night before last, I got to see the tail end of The Alamo-since I didn't know it was playing. Then last night/earlt this morning, Encore played: Fort Apache.

• Though I was born and have spent most of the past 30 years in Texas, I spent most of my boyhood and teen years on various oil leases in Oklahoma, since that was the state where both sets of grandparents lived. Consequently, I developed a great fondness for the state. As I've said before, the Oklahoma University Sooners are even now my favorite college football team.

Anyway, this morning I watched this movie, one of my favorite Westerns because it deals with the 1889 Oklahoma land rush and subsequent settlement of the "Sooner" state. (It acquired that nickname because some of those wanting to acquire homesteads during the land rush snuck across the border early.)

It was directed by Anthony Mann, who directed some of Jimmy Stewart's best Westerns. Stars Glenn Ford and Maria Schell as newlyweds in the land rush and many others whose names we know.

I saw this movie on a military base in Germany when it was first released and with a bit of embarrassment admit that I got a little teary-eyed because it was about the history of my "home state". I think it's an excellent Western and am kinda surprised it never got the recognition I thought it deserved.

De gustibus non est disputandum