What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,475,690 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hombre with Paul Newman. I had an old rotten video-tape at home and put it on DVD..

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• The last Western I saw was Geronimo-not that new garbage of a movie but the one that had Chuck Connors as the big he-ho himself. Also had John Anderson as somekind of a Preacher, and a young Adam West as a Leutnant in the Cavalry. Not too bad of a movie if ai must say so-and I do say so ;-D

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I liked Chick Connors Geronimo
    I wached the newer one recently,
    and thought it excellent

Hi Keith, I too have always liked Chuck Connors in most anything he was in-especially his rare appearances in War movies such as: Target Zero.

A few weeks ago, they had him in a western with Charlton Heston and Brian Keith, I never found out it's title but, it was pretty good. I can't remember who else was in it-possibly Gregory Peck?

As for the newer Geronimo-I didn't really hate it per se but, I hated the underlying message in it that is anti-US Govt in theme-such as Little Big Man-which is why i'll never like it. That movies only redeeming factor is that it had Gene Hackman in it.

• Last night on either AMC or Encore Western Channel, I saw The Searchers, for the umteenth time this year alone ;-)) That's one movie I doubt i'll ever get tired of.

• "The Westerner" (1940)

-Gary Cooper, Walter Brennan

A saddle tramp rides into a range war between cattleman. led by Judge Roy Bean, and crop raising homesteaders.

Highly entertaining 1940's western. Good amount of action and well written characters, with a surprising amount of humor.I enjoyed this film.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

Edited once, last by Phantomstranger ().

• On DvD TV (meaning my portable player) I watched Fort Apache last night for the umteenth time this year. This is another film i'll never get tired of ;-))

• The two most contemporary Westerns I've seen were "3:10 To Yuma" (great!) and "The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" (good, but not spectacular).

Of course, I re-watched "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" again the other night and that is still a more engrossing watch then either of the above. Pretty hard to beat a classic of that stature.

Might have to check out The Professionals now after reading the other comments here.

• I watched the Sons of Katie Elder again.

Pilar states in her book you can hear Ethan's scream in it when Duke hits the water. I can't hear it, but I haven't used headphones yet either. Have any of you heard the scream?

• Maverick with Mel Gibson James Garner and Jodie Foster. Great movie with every viewing. Interesting to see Doug Mc Clure(Trampas) in the river boat scenes. It must have ben one of his last roles.

• Hi

The Road to Denver a 1954 Republic Western with John Payne and among others Lee J Cobb, Skip Homier and Lee Van Cleef. Hank Worden had two lines and wasn't credited.

This daytime television gets better and better:yeaahh:

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

Quigley is such a good film. Tom Selleck is in great form in that movie.

Yea, Tom Selleck can be a real cool cowboy-actor! You have to watch "Last Stand at Saber River" with Tom Selleck too...

I got up early in the morning today to watch "Tom Horn" with Steve McQueen - I had never seen it before and it was worth getting up early! A good Western-movie about the last days of the old West, not as good as the Duke´s "The Shootist", but good and Steve McQueen did a great job playing Tom Horn. But I wished the movie was longer and they had shown more of Tom Horn´s life than the last two years in Wyoming.

A few years ago I saw a two part television-movie about Tom Horn (in Austria it was called "Tom Horn - his Way to the Gallows") starring David Carradine as Tom Horn and old Richard Widmark as Al Seeber. In this movie the whole lifestory of Tom Horn was told and although Carradine was not as good as Steve McQueen it was great to watch it. - I don´t know, if anybody here has seen this two-part-television-movie.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• "Navajo Joe" (1966)
    -Burt Reynolds

The sole survivor of a bloody massacre vows revenge on his attackers and on the men who killed his wife.

Fun, entertaining Spaghetti western. Good action.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town