What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,473,185 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched: The Long Riders W:

Robert, Keith, & David Carradine as: Bob, Jim & Cole Younger.
    <span style='color:gray'> Stacy & James Keach as: Frank & Jesse James.
    <span style='color:green'> Christopher & Nicholas Guest as: Charlie & Bob Ford.
    <span style='color:blue'> Dennis & Randy Quade as: Ed & Clell Miller.

<span style='color:red'> Harry Carey Jr as: George Arthur.

<span style='color:gray'> James Whitmore Jr. as: Jacob Rixley - Pinkerton Agent.

<span style='color:green'> As this was a movie based on sets of brothers portraying sets of brothers, it sure would have been interesting to have seen Jeff & Beau Bridges in it as well. </span></span></span></span></span></span>

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Originally posted by Senta@Mar 26 2006, 07:47 AM
    Riders of Destiny. Decide to watch all Duke's films that I have in chronological order.

I've had that same idea... but not realised it yet. Keep it up!

My previous westerns are Shane, and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, two much acclaimed movies, which I regard above average, but not hitting my top 50 western list, probably not even 100. I like Shane more, good story, interesting subsurface questions and symbolic ending. But it is far behind the complexity of the Searchers, the script and acting are too much of the traditional western hero movie type - which is fine when nothing more is attempted, but the mixture doesn't work that well.
    Butch Cassidy's best part is the cinematography, and then the actors, but I don't like the story too much, however true it is, and the script has odd inconsistencies

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Since nothing very interesting was on last night, i decided to watch The Train Robbers again and tonight will probably be The Comancheros again. Love both movies. :)

• We had quite the Western night last night, starting out with Rio Bravo, Billy the Kid Returns with Roy Rogers, and most of The Tin Star (a 3-foot diameter oak tree fell down, closing the road, mashing our neighbor's 1965 Chevy pick-up, and knocking out high voltage wires along with cable and phone lines, which prevented us from watching the rest of the movie).

[ATTACH]582]

Here's a picture our son took. The bright light to the right is the transformer burning in a tree, in the rain. The vehicle is a county bus, which came around the bend, then came to a complete stop, with high voltage lines hanging all about.

Chester :newyear:

• Joe Kidd, the worst of Clint's westerns, along with "Two mules for sister Sara"

• Hello All
    As a direct result of reading comments on different topics on this board I have bought quite a few Westerns. Jack Palance who stars with Charlton Heston in Arrowhead has a great mean look in that film. The last western I watched, was Winchester 73 with Jimmy S. I also recomend Quigley down Under, Invitation to a Gunfighter with Mr Brynner, Johhny Reno, both Monte Walsh, Vera Cruz, Open Range, The far Horizons starring Fred MacMurray ( about Lewis and Clarkes exploration of the Louisiana Purchase and points west ), The Outlaw Josey Wales
    Bend of the River, The life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, The Tin Star, Hangmans Knot, They Died with their Boots On, Chuka, Ace High, Lonesome Dove, The Alamo, Dances with Wolves,They came to Cordura, The Man from Colorado, Rounders, Stalking Moon. It's getting to the point that by the time I watch the last one of these and the feature Duke Movies, I am ready to start over and enough time has passed to make them seem fresh. I don't know if I mentioned this on another topic, but I worked as an extra for a day next to Jack Palance. He and I were on opposite sides of a coffin as pall bearers. The coffin was very high end and really heavy. The sun was shining hard and it was hot with suits on. Mr Palance did that work with style, and only asked that no one fusss over him between takes. He put the whiners to shame and that man has my total respect. I have not researched his life at all but on that day he was everything you could hope for in an actor-in a word professional. ciao murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by etsija@Mar 29 2006, 07:47 AM
    Joe Kidd, the worst of Clint's westerns, along with "Two mules for sister Sara"

[snapback]29868[/snapback]

I agree with you. These two westerns were veri schlecht.

• Hi Chester & The Mrs, glad you all came out of that in good order. You must live in a dangerous area? We had storms here yesterday as well with high winds and flooding in areas.

Hi Murray, I too am a big fan of Jack Palance. Arrowhead is one of my favorite Westerns as well. Jack Palance, Charlton Heston, Brian Keith and Milburn Stone; were all " Household Names" in our household.

Jack Palance was also great in: "Halls Of Montezuma" w/ Richard Widmark, Neville Brand, Robert Wagner, Jack Webb, Richard Boone and Skip Homeier.

Originally posted by kilo 6@Mar 29 2006, 03:37 PM
    I also recomend ... The Outlaw Josey Wales

Watched that one recently too, great movie as are all the westerns Clint directed himself

• Hello All
    Hi Ringo, I was wondering if you might care to offer, here or on an PM, a list of ten favorite Movies that I could consider adding to my collection. I am not limiting it to Westerns. Halls of Monte Zuma sounds good, I'm curious if it's about Marine Core or treasure seekers or the spanish invasion under Cortez or something entirely different. Hope that storm leaves you in peace.
    Emmanuel did you watch War Wagon on a Laptop?
    Senta could you describe the story line in Abilene town, I do not own it but think I may have seen it before. Your collection of films is growing Senta, does your son watch and enjoy them with you or is he more into modern films?
    Etsija could you list the Eastwood films he directed and if you don't mind me asking is there history behind your handle ( Etsija)
    Suns coming out a little earlier now and yet it's not that warm.
    ciao murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by kilo 6@Mar 30 2006, 02:35 PM
    Etsija could you list the Eastwood films he directed and if you don't mind me asking is there history behind your handle ( Etsija)

The whole list includes some 30 titles, and you can find it here Clint films. The westerns are
    High plains drifter 1973
    The outlaw Josey Wales 1976
    Pale rider 1985 and
    Unforgiven 1992.
    Besides westerns I like a lot an early film "Play Misty for me"

Etsijä is Finnish and means "searcher". Thanks for teaching me a new word - handle!

• Hi all

Murray, The car was having a service done.
    there was no one at home but me, so I watched
    The War Wagon on TV.

Last night I watched Mel Gibson in Maverick.
    That's a funny movie.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

Originally posted by kilo 6@Mar 30 2006, 04:35 PM
    Senta could you describe the story line in Abilene town, I do not own it but think I may have seen it before. Your collection of films is growing Senta, does your son watch and enjoy them with you or is he more into modern films?

[snapback]29923[/snapback]

Hi Murray,
    Abilene Town is a randolf Scott western, he plays sheriff of the town standing on the last point of the cattle trail. There is a conflict between cowboys and homesteaders, who came to town. This is the main plot, but the movie in the whole is very nice and enjoyable. i even began to think that I must purchase Seven man from Now.
    The collection is sure growing. My son watch with me some movies, but he is interested in mordern ones too. Last movies he watch (without me near) is Narnia and Godfather (the first film).

Yesterday I watched Randy Rides Alone and Star Packer according to my plan.
    Regards,
    Senta