What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,466,347 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Wild Bill with Jeff Bridges and Ellen Barkin. I think he did an awesome job portraying Wild Bill Hickock, even though the movie did stray from the truth a little. Not too bad of a movie.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Always wanted to see some early silent movies with Harry Carey Sr. But they are not shown here. So I saw only photos from Fords silent movies

I'd love to see some too, but I'm afraid not many early Carey-Ford films survive. "Straight shooting" is available on VHS (but too pricey what I've found offered). Has anybody seen any others around?

I don't believe in surrenders.

• It was silent? I saw only one silent movie - Winning of Barbara Worth and it was interesting. Always wanted to see some early silent movies with Harry Carey Sr. But they are not shown here. So I saw only photos from Fords silent movies with Carey in the book about Ford. Photos were sure impressive.
    Regards,
    Senta

Hi Vera, it was a movie with sound. I think it came out early to mid 1930's and was around 1 hour long. Ill have to check IMDB sometime to look see. There was another Western played that also had Hoot Gibson in it--I don't recall the name but would recognize it if I saw it on a list of his movies.

Did some quick research and:

The Last Outlaw (1936) w/ Hoot and Harry Carey Sr. This one was about Harry Carey just being released from prison and he gets mixed up with characters and is blamed for robbin a bank. One of the characters he gets involved with is Tom Tyler. This movie really is a good movie.

The other title that was played was: Blazing Guns (1943) w/ Hoot, Ken Maynard and Kenne Duncan. I fell back asleep before I could watch much of this one--and I recall, what I saw was very good.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Shanghai Noon, with Jackie Chan in the role of Chon Wang, which as you know is a little play on the name of John Wayne. This is about the third or fourth time we've seen it over the years.

:thumbs_up: Good movie. I saw it shortly after it was released on DvD. I am a Jackie Chan fan--ever since his days when he was an extra in the Bruce Lee movie: The Chinese Connection. (I still as yet, have been able to pick him out in that movie-no matter how many times I have seen it. :glare:

Well, I was not able to fall asleep last night sooooooo, I tuned the TV on TCM and was delighted that they were playing: El Dorado. I just watched it last week but-eh-it's the Duke-so it's okay to watch it again so soon. :teeth_smile: I still can't get tired of watching the scenes where he gets into a short fight with Robert Mitchum-just after he threw a bucket of water on him.

Sheriff: "What the hell are you doing here?"

Cole: "Im looking at a tin star....with a drunk pinned to it."

• Superb Western Frank & Jesse with Rob Lowe and Bill Paxton in the roles of Jesse & Frank James. Movie came out last year and its a good one. Got my DVD on ebay for £1.00 :hyper: well worth the investment.

MIke

• God's country (1946), dreadfully acted oddest mixture of things, worth seeing for magnificent trees and Buster Keaton making chili con carne with help of a raven, squirrel and raccoon

• Been away for a coupla days soooo. Sunday, Bend of the River, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Shootist. How's that for a Sunday afternoon???

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Been away for a coupla days soooo. Sunday, Bend of the River, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Shootist. How's that for a Sunday afternoon???

:thumbs_up: Not too shabby :teeth_smile:

I spent the better part of my Sunday afternoon on the phone (thats TELEPHONE) to those who only use cellphones and do not know what a REAL phone is? :teeth_smile: speaking with two distinguished DukeWayne forums members. Both were very enjoyable experiances :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• The Return of Draw Egan (1916) and The Narrow trail (1917) by Bill Hart, the latter especially interesting due to the big role his marvellous little pinto Fritz has in it. And one pretty good fight scene too, making a believable use of fists and chairs. From Draw Egan before a much shorter pub fight: "If I knowed animals were allowed in, I'd a-brought my hoss" :)

• Cought most of: THe Bravado's on AMC this morning. This is the first time I ever saw any of it and I find that movie pretty darn good. It starred: Gregory Peck, Albert Salmi, Gene Evans, Henry Silva and Lee Van Cleef. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• friday night Hondo & mclintock, these too have been released down under, weekends are out for me watching movies as i work all day saturday and most sundays.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"