What Was The Last Western You Watched?

There are 5,995 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,462,003 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Autry and Smiley Burnette road rangers I think.

Mister you better find yourself another line of work, cause this one sure DON"T fit your PISTOL!

• Fort Apache just finished!.. Watched Quigley Down Under yesterday. and Looking forward to watching The Commanchero's next! It's an AMC Saturday John Wayne weekend anyway from this Saturday morning until after midnight! To cold to work outside. just right for a bowl of chili and a coke..

That'll Be the Day!

• Spent yesterday afternoon watching John Milius' "Rough Riders". Wasn't sure to list this under Westerns or Non-Westerns but landed it here.
    This is a 1997 four hour TNT production with a dream cast and with about the last hour depicting the assaults on Kettle Hill and San Juan Hill. Totally absorbing, informative and entertaining.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Watched a few episodes of High Chaparral over the weekend. Great TV-Western Show with a great cast!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• True Grit (1969)

Watched the 2010 version a few days prior, but felt like revisiting the original again. Very entertaining movie, and the Duke just has such a presence about him. As much as I like the remake, I sttill prefer the original overall.

• "Along Came Jones" (1945)
    -Gary Cooper

Plot: IMDB

Riding into Payneville, easy-going cowboy Melody Jones is mistaken by the townsfolk for notorious gunman Monte Jarrad. The real Jarrad is hiding out wounded on the ranch of childhood sweetheart Cherry. She has the idea of sending Jones off to decoy the pursuing posse, but once he's met Cherry, Jones has other plans.

Phantom's Review: Great light- hearted western adventure. Plenty of action and humor. A very enjoyable way to spend the afternoon.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Watched a few episodes of High Chaparral over the weekend. Great TV-Western Show with a great cast!

Where did you get those episodes, if you don't mind me asking? I've been trying to find that TV series for many years. Is it available in Region 2?

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Where did you get those episodes, if you don't mind me asking? I've been trying to find that TV series for many years. Is it available in Region 2?

you can get season 1@2 from amazon in germany,dont know what price it is.you can also get the full series on i offer.beware the series from ioffer is from tv.the quilty is 7/10.the price is $28.00 that includes shipping.hope that helps stumpy