How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 924,009 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• well for the south central part of colorado, known as the san luis valley, I can tell you its colder than a well digger's _ _ _! last week the ground temp was -25. and the wind chill brought it down to -45! I even had to put on a jacket to go outside! this is the sangre de christo mountain region, not really to much snow this year. most of the elk are in the valley which is 7,500 feet saw a heard of about 300/350 just north of moffat, which lays claim to sitting on the 38th paralle. which some of you can remember from korea i'll bet. well have to go feed the horse's and other critters, will be back with another update soon

That'll Be the Day!

• We are about to have a big mess tonight. We are expecting ice tonight as much as a half of inch of ice. Maybe a little snow but it will be dreadful. Hope we don't lose power. I have an important date tomorrow night and don't want to miss it. In the 20's tonight and not much above 32 tomorrow.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Haven't been out of the house for two days due to extremely treacherous roads covered in snow and ice -- that includes the driveway of my townhouse complex. Office has been closed for two days and will be closed tomorrow. I can't say I object to the holiday. ;)

• flodding happening just 10 min drive away in goodna, bull sharks swimming around in queen street, flooding happening in the area where i work dont know yet if i can make it into work tommorow more flooding to happen as we are having a high tide in brizie river which will push the water further up. so far im lucky had a warning sent that i might have to move to higher ground but local creek has gone down when the rain stop.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• flodding happening just 10 min drive away in goodna, bull sharks swimming around in queen street, flooding happening in the area where i work dont know yet if i can make it into work tommorow more flooding to happen as we are having a high tide in brizie river which will push the water further up. so far im lucky had a warning sent that i might have to move to higher ground but local creek has gone down when the rain stop.

cheers smokey

smokey
    we have been seeing pictures of all the flooding in brisbane - it looks terrible. what has caused it to happen?

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

cheers smokey

Sharon,
    Like many, I am seeing the devastation that you are facing,
    and just cannot believe it.
    We all seem to be living in troubled and worrying weather patterns.
    I trust you and Alec are safe and sound.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• what caused all this trouble is it is our wet season, wetter than normal, we had a cat1 cyclone cross the coast which caused a depression (lots of rain) the ground was so wet that it could not take any more so it ran off. to top it of we had high tides, and the freek rain storm in the ranges which caused the damage in towoomba and down the lockyer valley. they also had to release water from the dams as they were nearing 200% which is as much as they can take.

alec and i are fine we got an alert to get ready to leave , but luck would have it it stopped raining so we didnt have to leave our home we were lucky not like some.

cheers smokey
    ps we lost power at work and had to throw out all our meats from the butcher and deli sections, all the goods from bakery and dairy as well thousands of dollars of goods went to the dump as the generator wasnt able to keep the fridges and freezers going

Edited once, last by smokey ().

• has been sunny for a couple of day cyclone of the coast and staying there for now time for us to clean up and dry out a little bit, flooding moving down the coast has gone into NSW and Victoria some flooding in tassie as well

cheers smokey