How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 924,904 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jul 27 2006, 05:50 PM
    Here we got NOTHING! Most of the rain went east or south of our area. Some promising storms Tuesday, but it only got as far north as Floresville. The dry yard is getting even drier. Temps about normal for this year - mid 90s.
    Cheers - Jay <_<

[snapback]33238[/snapback]

Still hot-n-humid here and promise for rain starting today. Bad flea problem due to no rains here.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi all,

We had one of the hottest July's in years.
    August has started cold and wet, but the
    weathermen say we could be in for a heat
    wave this month, can't wait!

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Aahhh - still no rain and temps 100 and 101 - the weatherpeople are looking at an easterly wave in the Gulf (and later possibly at Chris in the Atlantic) for possible rain chances.
    Cheers - Jay <_<

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• We've had a roller coaster ride with the weather around here.

The day I got out of the hospital, our digital thermometer read

[ATTACH]671]

The bottom temp is inside the house, a 33 degree difference - YIKES!

Thankfully, the morning fog has rolled in again for a typical summer pattern of nice, cool nights and pleasant days :D (mid-eighties).

We'll be prayin' for the rest of you!

Chester :newyear:

• We finally got about an inch of rain Sunday - still not enough, but at least the grass has a little bit of green color. Otherwise, back to 100 degrees for a few days.
    Cheers - Jay :D <_< <_<

"Not hardly!!!"

• The local weather forcasters say we have a chance for rain today - HA :angry: ! This is turning out to be the hottest August on record for San Antonio. I've given up on my yard - it has a dull brown color. Water restrictions are in effect here and in surrounding counties. It would almost take a tropical storm to come through here to give us any significant rain. Temperatures have been 100 degrees or more for several weeks, but forcasters say we're to have a cold spell today along with the rain possiblilty - only low 90s :lol: - get out the sweaters, folks :lol:
    Cheers - Jay :D

"Not hardly!!!"

• I live in north Texas (near the Red River) and we got a couple of days rain for the first time in about 4 months. I read where the weather scientists are comparing this drought to the one we had during the Dust Bowl in the Thirties. And not only has it been extremely dry, it's been extremely hot. Miserable.............

Wish I'd win the lottery - think I'd move to Seattle.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hi Jay, we here in Corpus Christi share San Antonio's misery. HEAT-humidity-no rain-little wind. Yeah, we got a slight change of wind direction out of the "cold front." Our cities top weather forecaster: Meteorologist Dale Nelson, says that a stronger front is suppose to be blowing through mid-next week. Lets see now, around here, Dale Nelson is also known as: "Dead Wrong Dale." Of course we all know weather is not 100% predictable but it sure is fun to be able to blame someone for the weather being what it is. :rolleyes::D

• Hi all,

August has more or less been a washout here,
    although I have experienced some of the hot
    weather you guys in Texas have. I have just
    returned from holiday in Majorca, which is one
    of the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean sea.
    The temperatures there were in the mid 30's, so
    I can now understand how you guys feel. I have
    to say I am glad to be back in the cold.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

Originally posted by Bek@May 11 2006, 12:58 PM
    Well it's been nice and cold here over the last few days, it was even colder down at Tamworth at the Quarter Horse Nationals. It's starting to warm up a bit now though, which is good, although I think I'll be lying down for most of it, after tying up a Droughtmaster heifer(one of my show cattle) I was breaking in yesterday(we're not done yet) and ending up between her head and the fence and now I've got a big bruise on my ribs, oh well I'll be right. Redcap I live about 2 minutes away from Akky Dam, in Lockyer Waters if you know where that is.

[snapback]31153[/snapback]

Hello bek
    yes I know Lockyer Waters very well. We were always up around Fernvale and also at Greenbank. We used to canoe on the Brisbane River for fun and dump people into the river. I live about 15 minutes from Ipswich towards Brisbane so getting to Gatton, Fernvale and Esk was no problem. Hope your bruised ribs are better and you can still enjoy riding your horse. Sorry so long in answering but have been very busy. Hope to hear from you sonn. Having some lovely rain here for the last 2-3 days but not where it counts.
    Regards Redcap

RACMP - For the troops With the troops

• Redcap,

That's pretty cool that you know around here pretty well. My ribs are fine now, that heifer just needed a little bit of force used. My horse is going good, we're selling him now.

The rain around here hasn't been bad, although there isnt enough time for it to be absorbed into the ground.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hi all,

Well true to form, kids back to school and the sun comes out.
    It's a beautiful morning, and it looks like we are in for a nice
    sunny weekend.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

• Let me see; we are overcast with no rain (what's that?). The temps are in the upper 80's around 90 and the lows in the mid 60's. The overcast skies will burn off into a sunny afternoon, a little hot for football but we are in football season.

For our friends across the pond on both sides, that's American Football.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Starting early this morning, we finally got some RAIN. As I sit here using the libraries computer, there is and has been a nice thunderstom going on for over an hour. I bet we got at least 1 1/2 inches of rain. :D:jump::jump::jump: And much more expected over the next 4-5 days!! :D Even Jay should see some rain out of this one.

The temps however, lowest daytime temp since May, was about 88 degrees "F" We just barely dipped into the upper 60's once or so earlier this week.

Autumn? Whats Autumn? Around here it goes from Extremely hot-to bearable hot, to VERY warm, to cool, and rarely, downright cool, then back to hot again. :blink::wacko::stunned::dead:

• We got some rain aswell, and now it's absolutely freezing!!! I was supposed to help a friend with cattle today, however I couldn't as the rain was to heavy.

At least the paddocks are looking nice.

Cheers,
    Bek

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]