How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 938,671 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Today we have had a few of those "several-minute-rains" hitting us. It feels great when its raining but, almost immediately, the sun pops out and it quickly becomes a steambath. :stunned:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thunderstorms rolled through earlier today. On the way to make a b-double-e-double-r-u-n, we actually passed by a house that was struck by lightning and was up in flames. Everyone was okay except for their loss.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• :teeth_smile: WE got this morning, five, thats FIVE inches of rain. More is promised tomorrow, then Thursday.:hyper:

I love thunderstorms. :teeth_smile:

• Alright, I was out of town this past weekend, and we got some rain here at home. But today, it started out very hot and muggy. I thought I was going to die, but at lunch we got some great rain. About .65 of an inch. And the rest of day was pleasant. We are starting to get the rain from Texas. What joy. Should be a good day for more rain tomorrow.

Oh, did I tell you that it is raining right now (9:46 p.m. our time).

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Since yesterday till this time--we have had 15 inches of rain here in Corpus Christi. Today was by far, the heaviest storms and managed to break off a large limb from the tree next to my window.

My Cats hate the rain but, I love every drop of it.

• A steady light rain has been falling since early this morning. The ground is already saturated from previous showers and thunderstorms of the last couple of weeks. Usually pretty hot and dry around here for this time of year. It's either feast or famine here in Texas!:cry_smile:
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• In a word -

HOT!!!

We hit a high of 98º F.

Poor Chester darn near melted :cry2:(pretend that's sweat, not tears) in the back of the truck in the parade, in the blazing hot sun!

At 6:30, it was down to 88º.

At least it cools down a lot at night - we can hardly wait!

Mrs. C :angel1:

P.S. Two hours after I posted this, we took our youngest to see the fireworks. It was actually so cool we closed the car windows! What a difference, once the sun goes down! Now it is a little after 11 PM, and the temperature is 66º F.

• A great day for our nation's birthday. It was hot, but not as humid, and no rain. Even though we need the rain, it was nice it held off for all the fun, even though I had to work today.

Now we may want to get some of that needed rain.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo, you come on over here to Texas and take all the rain you want darlin'....It's pouring down as I write this and it's what woke me up and why I am online at 3:30 am...:stunned:

Yard looks like a lake, but, the frogs and snakes are happy. The ants are trying to move in...

• cold at night down to 6 to night (that's C) but the days a fine 23. have had some rain but not enough so if you can bottle any excess water down under it would be great dams down to 18% full. looks like we go to level 6 in a couple of months. had strong winds blow through today 70km's/hour knocked down a few trees. hope you all had a great day celebrating my birthday for me :wink_smile: i know its the only country that does it just for me :laugh: :laugh:

catch up with you all
    hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hot and stormy. I was in Albert Lea, MN over the last couple days for the 4th of July(hometown) and they had a tornado warning, lots of rain and straight line winds. It concelled the parade, toppled trees, knock over corn, and generally made a mess of things. But it did stay nice on the 4th so the kids get to see the fireworks.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hondo, you come on over here to Texas and take all the rain you want darlin'....It's pouring down as I write this and it's what woke me up and why I am online at 3:30 am...:stunned:

Yard looks like a lake, but, the frogs and snakes are happy. The ants are trying to move in...

Cindy, I'd love to have half your rain right now. The frogs and snakes are trying to move in here, and the ants are happy. :teeth_smile:

Today is hot but not so humid. Looks like another dry one but rain is in the forecast this weekend. A 50/50 chance so keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks Cindy.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Mike, the rains are slowly moving away from my area and I think are headed up yours and GT & Kevins ways. Hope some of it arrives and breaks the back of the drought you guys are having.

• You guys (and gals) from Texas sure do deliver. We have had rain for the last three days and lovin' it! We got about eight tenths of an inch on Saturday, and about a quarter of an inch yesterday. But today we got the big prize, we got one inch and fifty-seventh hundredths of an inch today. Funny how a little rain makes grass green. This is the first time in a long time we've seen our grass green. A little to late for me. Ours is just about gone. We have a shade grass that does not recover very well.

It turned very muggy and hot today until about 1:15 p.m. and the rain came down very hard for almost two hours. A very good soaker. It looks a more in the forecast tomorrow.

Thanks Texas for your rain, and Cindy, darlin' you're a sweetie! :wub:

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Those Texas storms just got finished with us as well.

Stay thirsty my friends.