How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 927,704 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Today is cold, winds from the north and gloriously overcast skies. I think were supposed to dip into the upper 30's either tonight or tomorrow night.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Windy and cold tomorrow, low of -13 F and high on Saturday of -5 F, yes, that is a high of -5 F. Brrr!! even for me!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Tomorrow will be interesting for our area. They are talking of rain, but if things go just right, we may see snow Saturday morning. That if the conditions are right and that is a possibility. We are overcast today and tomorrow. And cool.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Front came through yesterday and cooled things down. Highs to be in the fifties and lows to be in the thirties and forties. Forcasters think we'll get more precipitation in the coming weeks than previously.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Compared to Minnesota, our low temperatures are downright balmy, but for our area, we are among the coldest temps around, with the overnight low of 28º F. High is expected to be in the high fifties, low sixties, and lots of sunshine.

Mrs. C :angel1:

Northern MN is suppose to only get to a high of -15 F and lows of -30 F. I am not feeling so bad about my -5 F. Although my wife will beg to differ. She has poor circulation in here fingers and her fingers get ice cold this time of year.

Maybe when we are older we will move to a warmer climate but I love the winter and most of all the 4 season's are very prominent and after being in San Diego for my naval career, I really missed that.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Our front came in at about 8PM. Today is very cold but not frigid. My usual footwear are sandals but today im wearing tennis shoes. When that happens, it's cold here ;-)) Oh and were also getting a nice steady rain which has been going on for several hours.

• In a word, SNOW!!!!!!! We are forecast to get 2 to 4 inches of the white stuff. Now most of you will say, 4 inches, but where I live, that's a blizzard. We haven't had a speck of snow since 2002, January. So you must realize that this is an event to say the least, and it will hit tomorrow. Even Atlanta gets a lot more snow than we do. So, I'll keep in touch on the update.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• . . . I love the winter and most of all the 4 season's are very prominent and after being in San Diego for my naval career, I really missed that.

As a native New Yorker transplanted to CA, I can certainly relate to the love of the four distinct seasons! Where we live, we do have hot summer days and cold winter nights, but not the distinct seasonal changes that you can almost feel from one day to the next. Around here, you keep the same clothes available all year round, whereas when I was a kid, we would pack away the summer clothes in late fall, and pack away winter clothes come springtime.

I expect we'll get down to the high twenties again tonight!

BTW, Todd, GREAT pictures!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• sxviper

great photos glad to see you had a great time.

hondo

have fun in the snow, glad to see you getting some for the first time in a long while

mrs c

we have the same as you 2 seasons wet and dry warm days in winter but cold nights.

today much the same as yesterday floods happening out west which is good as those rivers flow down through NSW & VIC, where they need the water as well

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Great pics Todd. The last snow we had here was what has now become to be known as: The Miracle Snow of 2004. About midday Dec 24th, it started snowing and pretty much kept it up until sometime late Dec 25th ;-))

Man, I went outside wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandals-freezing my BLANK off but enjoying every second of it. I came out in it later and took several photos and also built a small scall Snowman on the trunk of my car. Also had to do laundry that day and went to one of the plex mats and whilst there, I took it upon myself to build two small-scale Snowmen on a Navy Pilot/friend of mines Jeep.

After doing laundry, I went a few places around the neighborhood and took it all in seeing a pute white blanket stretched over all the ground everywhere I went. I also marveled in that all sidewalks and driveways, had no snow on them and that nobody that I saw-had swept it away. Anyway, I still saw bits of snow for several days after the snowfall.

In my area, we do not see snow yearly-or even for decades at times. Since about 120 or so years ago of recorkeeping, we have only had snowfall here a handfull of times-maybe 5-6 times? And the snowfall we had in 04, was the biggest record-setter yet. The last time I saw snow in person, was about 34 years ago when we vacationed at a resort on top of a mountain at Cloudcroft, New Mexico. Since then, I have only witnessed Sleet a few times and Hail, maybe 2-3 times.

• We got our snow today, but only an inch which is more than we had for the last 6 years. Now for the fun. We are to get to 18F tonight with the frozen stuff everywhere including bridges and roads. We are told to stay off the road tonight because of the icing on the roads. We are the deep south and we don't usually have snow, so we don't have the equipment that our northern friends have, and we do have the idiots who can't drive on normal conditions, so you can imagine how they will do in this.

Tomorrow will be a high of 44F with gusty wind and a low of 21F. Well that's our big snow for now, and maybe for the year. We very seldom get snow, and chances of getting any two snows are unheard of.

- John Wayne quote