How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 928,775 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Badger

Not really sure. I know my wife went to Torquay for a trade fare last year and allowing for the fact that she went on a Sunday and by train it took something like six hours for her to arrive. We went for a couple of days as well last year and it seemed to take forever.

At last the rain has stopped hopefully we are in for a dry spell.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• its going to be sunny here today, bit crisp this morning like a proper autumn day should be

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Well, we're suppose to get rain, but we didn't. As a matter of fact they have forcasted rain for the last 4 out of 7 days, and we didnt get any except last Friday when we recieved one tenth of an inch. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Well, today in north Texas it actually feels like mid-November. 'Bout 40 degrees and with a wind that makes it feel considerably colder.

To mark the occasion I've been listening to one of my favorite oldies "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by some of my favorite crooners; Dean Martin; a duet by Johhny Mercer & Margaret Whiting; and another duet by Dinah Shore and Buddy Clark. Now that's music.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Yes, we're 500 miles to the north, although, if it keeps being as hot and sunny as it was today (75+) it will be drying things out again.

Chester :newyear:

Hopefully, you and your family live too far north for the Santa Ana winds which, if I remember correctly, blow off the Mojave and affect mostly southern California, and which are a major aggravating factor to those terrible fires.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• hi chester
    i heard you have had some really bad fires in california - hope you and your family are ok and not been affected by them.
    the weather here is pretty mild, but read today that we are in for a spell of arctic weather at the weekend

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• Hear its to be cold in bonnie scotland
    But jane and I are off to Tenerife for a week later tonight:hyper:
    See y all next week
    Tara the noo !!

• Rain, Rain, Rain! It's been raining today. This is the first one we've had in a long time. And more is expected for tomorrow. Not complaining, I like it to rain. Temps are a little above normal, but we're getting colder Monday.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• thick fog all day yesterday,but its gone today but its a bit fresh and overcast so maybe a few showers later

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit