How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 919,582 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Believe it or not - we got pea-sized hail (not sleet) here Tuesday night and it snowed only about 20 miles north of my location. Frozen precipitation is a rarity here. (The amount of precipitation was barely measurable however!)

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• After the rain, which was great, we are colder and windy. The weekend is going to be great with sun and cool. Next week is a differnt beast.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Cold & Chilly At least it feels like Christmas.

Ain't that the truth??

It's 12:30 AM right now, and it's clear and 32º, so I suspect it'll be even colder by morning. Either that, or the clouds will roll in and we might get rain. Either way, we are toasty warm with our wood-burning stove and a good supply of wood.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• well its cold and miserable here again - would love to have some of that hot weather you re all complaining about - it seems ages since we had a really nice hot summer - winters are long enough as it is but when you don t get a summer in between it makes it so much worse - oh well

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• Yesterday had blizzard conditions and white outs. Today is not as windy but it's only about 4 drgrees. Everyting is white and since we are supposed to have snow all week we will probably have a white Christmas. I love it but our cats that live outside want to come in. There are 11 of them now so once I open the door it's like a stampede...Wish I could let them all stay inside but when they do come in it's like a circus....I have named them all and they each know their names...

Simba and Maynard are inside cats most of the time.

Prissy, the calico and mother of them all, but Simba, is pretty much wild and freaks out when she comes in and I close the door. Suzie and Callie and the oldest girls from the first litter, Minnie was hit and killed by a car. The new bunch are, EZ, Abby, Bella, Pumpkin, Pepper, and Sundance. Buster is a wild Tom that contributed to this population explosion... I doubt you are all really interested in my babies but being the proud "mama" that I am I could not help but share...:wink_smile:

Had to go out in the blizzard yesterday to take Simba to the vet...I bottle fed him when someone dropped him off here so he is really spoiled and thinks he is king of the jungle...Okay, now I am officially....(ot)

Cheers,

Cindy

• We're on the other side of the barrier. We are soooooooo hot, and humid. For December we hit 72F, which is 14 degrees above normal. The low tonight is going to be around 55F. That is some 11 degree above normal. This is staying with us for a while. The Gulf is beign stubborn and keeping the front from moving, and that means the plains and midwest is getting socked with winter weather of ice and snow.

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• hi cindy
    i loved reading about your cats - i have a 1 year old (kitten?) called Freddie = he is black and white and very fluffy with a black "mask" on his face which makes him look like the lone ranger.
    when he was a baby he was a real mummys boy and would look out of the window when he saw his mum pass by and we could only comfort him by getting a saucer of milk and dipping our fingers in and feeding him like that. he is growing into a big handsome tom cat now though and loves playing out in the leaves and in the fields. he is very, very friendly and loves to be made a fuss of.

Hooked on The Duke

• Cindy and badger, I don't mind the cat talk. My wife and i have two, Odin and Thor. Miniature mixed Maincun and a tabby.

It snowed 2 inches, and then covered us with sleet, freezing rain, and then rained for a bit. Now we have frozen winter wonderland. Pretty, but icy.

• Its Snowing all around us here in the Verde Valley in Northern Arizona, and up on the Rim where Williams and Flagstaff are at and The Wild West John Wayne Museum is at, They already have one Foot Of Snow and Still Coming Down.
    :ohmy:
    I think I will Wake Up in the Morning with All That White Stuff Here To !!!
    :yeaahh:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• Its Snowing all around us here in the Verde Valley in Northern Arizona, and up on the Rim where Williams and Flagstaff are at and The Wild West John Wayne Museum is at, They already have one Foot Of Snow and Still Coming Down.
    :ohmy:
    I think I will Wake Up in the Morning with All That White Stuff Here To !!!
    :yeaahh:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

That's awesome Bill, I love the snow!!

We are cold, like highs -2F. Suppose to snow tomorrow through Monday and more next week. I hope so!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We were at 78F today, and it felt every bit of it. The humidity is something else. But we are suppose to get back to semi-normal on the first day of Winter, Sunday. Man, is it HOT!

- John Wayne quote

• Hot, I can barely spell that word!!!! It was -11F last night. Suppose to get 6-10 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow and another 4-8 inches on Sunday!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!

-John Wayne

• Cindy and badger, I don't mind the cat talk. My wife and i have two, Odin and Thor. Miniature mixed Maincun and a tabby.

It snowed 2 inches, and then covered us with sleet, freezing rain, and then rained for a bit. Now we have frozen winter wonderland. Pretty, but icy.

love the names shortgrub - are they norweigan? i think once you get a cat you realise what totally cool creatures they are and i d never be without one now

Hooked on The Duke

• u are so lucky... all you people who get snow and ice.... all we get here is rain, rain and more rain like today

We don't hope for ice. I personally love the snow. Christmas is so awesome when everything is white!!!

-John Wayne

• Looks like our Christmas is going to be a mild one. We will be around 60F for the holiday season. We might get a little rain as well. So our white Christmas is out of the question again.

We haven't had any snow here for Christmas in over 120 years. And we are not going to have any again. We did get snow the day after, and day before, but never on the day. I didn't expect any. I guess I'll have to go to a place where there is snow.

Any suggestions?

- John Wayne quote