How's The Weather

There are 4,432 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 932,661 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• We've been getting rain here and there. I enjoy this so much, but it has delayed my construction of a garden patio for the past few weeks. I was planning to get on it today, and if rained, rained, rained. And more to come tomorrow. My grass is sure green though. And the temps are great. The humidity is horrible. Wish it would go down.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• This week has had a big weather change for us - officially we've received over two and one half inches of rain from a low pressure system that dislodged that horrible high pressure that has been keeping us high and dry here for ages. That rain amount is more that all the rain we have received since the first of the year.
    Also temps are in the eighties instead of the hundreds, thank God!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Stumpy,
    Great Pictures !
    The Only time I ever saw One Of These up Close, was in the Early 1950s at The Lake Charles Air Forse Base!
    :unsure:
    When it Took Out The Radio Shack There, But left the Two Airmen Sitting in front of their Radios and Did Not Hurt Them At All !!!
    :teeth_smile:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• The family and I had a very close call with a tornado in 1966. Pretty scary experience.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• We have been getting a lot of thunderstorms through here lately, some with brief heavy rain, and some with only a sprinkle. Im glad to hear that San Antonio finally got rain. Corpus and Kingsville finally got a few inches on last Saturday night during the Texas A&I (I refuse to call them Texas A&M) Hoggies Football game. Kingsville had not had a drop of rain-for a full year.

Also, the past few days we too have not been higher than the 80's though humidity as bad a few of these days cept for today-which was extrememly enjoyable to be out walking in. I HOPE its the same way tomorrow as well ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• had some rain tonight not a lotbut some, thought that we would because it got into the low 30's today. looks like summer could really be here at last yipee.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• We got one heck of a somewhat short but wild Thunderstorm breeze through here about an hour ago. Brief rain but we stil probably got about 1/2 inch. Hope the Hill Country is getting some.

• well we are in a dust storm, it has traveled up from south aust closed sydney down nearly. everything has a red haze about it because the dust it the red dust from that area. hopefully it will pass by tomorrow. at one stage visablity was about 300mts and the idiots were out on the road.

cheers smokey

• Received some much needed rain this week (the S.A. International Airport has recorded over five inches for September so far). Temps have been cool for a change (only 65 degrees F today {Sept. 24}, a new record low high) almost 40 degrees F below what we were getting two weeks ago.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• well we are in a dust storm, it has traveled up from south aust closed sydney down nearly. everything has a red haze about it because the dust it the red dust from that area. hopefully it will pass by tomorrow. at one stage visablity was about 300 mts and the idiots were out on the road.

cheers smokey

I saw something on the news a couple of days ago about that, and was sure you must have been affected. Here are some amazing pictures - the one from space is incredible!

smokey, I hope you guys are OK!!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• we're ok but everything is covered in dust had a second one come through on saturday night not as bad but nearly

cheers smokey

• Smokey,
    It must be Pretty Dry in Down Under Country !
    :unsure:
    In the Old Days down in the Phoenix Area when it was Still Mostly Farming and Ranching Country we would have these Dust Storm in The Summer and they would go all the way up to 10,000 Ft. and you could not get into or out of Phoenix by Air for weeks at at time !!
    :shades_smile:
    Just Hang In There and it Will Blow Though Soon and then comes Clean Up Time !!!
    :lightbulb:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Well, yesterday we were supposed to get a front through which was supposed to drop us into the los 60;s from at least Wed-to-Friday, however, its hot and humid still Grrrr