Brokeback Mountain

There are 38 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,234 times. The latest Post () was by kilo 6.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by ejgreen77@Feb 21 2006, 03:39 PM
    The really sad thing is that this piece of crap may become the first Western since Cimarron (1931) to win the Best Picture Oscar.

[snapback]27693[/snapback]

Hi,

The first western to win an Oscar, since then
    was indeed,

Dances with Wolves (1990)

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Originally posted by ejgreen77@Feb 22 2006, 09:34 PM
    Oops, forgot about that one!!! Another miserable film!!!!!

[snapback]27761[/snapback]

And I thought that I was the only one who dis-liked that film. Glad to see i was wrong.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• It was a little over the top at times, The Unforgiven I mean. Brokeback Mtn I am sure is probably the same nauseating thing.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Well, Crash won Best Picture. Thanks god!!! Not that I like Crash, which I thought was stupid, just happy that Broke Back didn't win.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• It's really a case of "which one do you want? - A broken arm or a shattered kneecap!" :wacko: Neither movie is one I'd like to see chosen as "best picture." :stunned:
    Cheers - Jay :blink:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

Originally posted by SXViper@Mar 6 2006, 01:10 AM
    Well, Crash won Best Picture. Thanks god!!! Not that I like Crash, which I thought was stupid, just happy that Broke Back didn't win.

[snapback]28448[/snapback]

AMEN to all that Bro.

• Well, I hate to dig this stuff up again, but as of today, this piece of garbage has officially cracked the IMDb Top 250 (it's currently occupying the #250 spot right now). What a joke.

Moderator note - Not wanting to bring this topic back up by posting to the thread, I will add here that as of April 5, 2009, Brokeback Mountain is no longer in the Top 250 at IMDb. Unfortunately, as of this date, there are NO John Wayne movies on that list, either. Chester

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

Edited once, last by chester7777 ().

• That's a joke alright.

On regarding to Crash getting best picture, I would have rather seen Walk The Line get the nod.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hello All
    Duke movies may go out of the top 250 in IMDB but they will always be # 1 on my playlist. murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Of the movies on this list, and those that I have seen. IMO--I think at LEAST 50 of those should be taken off such a list. [B][COLOR=green] Then again, I aint fretting much about this list as all it is is one made up by too many who seem to think that the more modern movies should be there. I mean--what the heck is so special about Alien or Aliens? etc and just to name two examples.

I am kind of surprised that no Star Trek movies made it there -- yet you have the Star Wars Sith movie there :blink: not that I am making fun of that Star Wars movie; that is. :agent::)

• Hi All

Each generation has its own list, I'm sure
    that many of us here would not vote for
    maybe half of the movies on the IMDB list.
    But that's what makes the world go round.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hello All
    Senta is Brokeback being shown in Russian theatres and as far as that goes how frequently are North American Feature Films being shown, do you have a chance to see most of them? If you have seen it what do you think of it? murray

Greetings from North of the 49th