Brokeback Mountain

There are 38 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,235 times. The latest Post () was by kilo 6.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by Senta@Feb 5 2006, 10:11 AM
    What is Brokeback Mountain? I haven't heard nothing about that.
    Regards,
    Senta

[snapback]26596[/snapback]

For a short description its is a movie about 2 cowboys in the middle 1960's who are in love............with each other. Yes, a gay cowboy movie. I will refrain from any further comments on this film as it is absolutley a ridiculous idea for a film and and shows you how out of touch Hollyweird is with the movie goers. What kills me is they make this junk and then wonder why movie attendance contimues to decline every year. Well duh!!! :headbonk::headbonk:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

Originally posted by SXViper@Feb 5 2006, 11:59 AM
    For a short description its is a movie about 2 cowboys in the middle 1960's who are in love............with each other. Yes, a gay cowboy movie. I will refrain from any further comments on this film as it is absolutley a ridiculous idea for a film and and shows you how out of touch Hollyweird is with the movie goers. What kills me is they make this junk and then wonder why movie attendance contimues to decline every year. Well duh!!! :headbonk::headbonk:

[snapback]26602[/snapback]

My sentiments are the same as Todd's & Bek's are on this stupid movie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I haven't seen this film yet but I gather the two lead characters herd sheep. Don Imus on his radio show pointed out that cowboys herd cattle. shepherds herd sheep. So it's actually a gay shepherd movie.

Everyone I know who's seen the film says its long and dull.

• Hmm...I wonder why he decided to write something like this when he's written screenplays that are a million times better.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hi all

As I haven't seen this movie I can't comment
    on the content. But with all these Gays coming
    out of the wardrobes there can't be anyone
    left in "Narnia" :o

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• I know we decided to drop this subject, but I couldn't resist sending this: [ATTACH]71]
    I think we all know how Duke would feel.
    Best,
    Colorado Bob

Originally posted by lawman in sc@Feb 11 2006, 08:42 PM
    Let's don't even discuss this CRAP on The Duke's site.

[snapback]27026[/snapback]

Exactly!

by the way bob...perfect cartoon

Baby Sis

:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• Hi

Swimming against the tide a colleague at work told me that its definately a womans picture, Its quite good once you get through the first twenty minutes.

It also picked up four awards at the British BAFTA ceremony and will probably do the same at the Oscars.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• The really sad thing is that this piece of crap may become the first Western since Cimarron (1931) to win the Best Picture Oscar.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

Originally posted by ejgreen77@Feb 21 2006, 04:39 PM
    The really sad thing is that this piece of crap may become the first Western since Cimarron (1931) to win the Best Picture Oscar.

Brokeback Mountain is not a western. It is a story about impossible love beginning in 1960's and happening mostly in small towns. About the only thing common with westerns is beautiful scenery. Most people I know love the movie and think it is very touching. I regard it good, a little too long

I don't believe in surrenders.

Originally posted by ejgreen77@Feb 21 2006, 11:39 AM
    The really sad thing is that this piece of crap may become the first Western since Cimarron (1931) to win the Best Picture Oscar.

[snapback]27693[/snapback]

Knowing Hollywood
    it will. :angry::angry:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The aim of the movie to an extent is to patronise and to state where we are all going wrong.

As stated before it is neither a western of cowboy movie and it should not be categorised as either.

It is likely to do well at the oscars however.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie