Storm In Australia

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,408 times. The latest Post () was by Robbie.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• A storm was announded today to have hit Australia with 180 mph winds. Just wondering if our friends from there are ok and tell us about it?
    Bryan

• Smokey and I are pretty lucky because it was a fair way north from us( we are in the same state but in the southern part). But the people that it has affected it has really hit them hard. There is a lot of Banana and Sugarcane Plantations where the cyclone hit and they have been flattened, it is going to take at least 2 years for that area to get back on top of their lives again. So many people have lost everything, and when I say that I mean everything! Their homes, their belongings, their jobs, everything. I think the whole country will band together to help everyone up there in NQ(North Queensland). THere is another cyclone heading in from the Vanautu area, Tropical Cyclone Wati. THe one that hit, Tropical Cyclone Larry has been compared to Hurricane Katrina down here :fear2:
    TC Wati isn't expected to be as brutal as TC Larry and it is hoped that it will move away from the coast within the next few days.

A Map:

A little insight to what the damage is like:

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• hi all

bek is right we are safe did come anywhere near us but the people up there will be feeling it for some time to come. they have said that cyclone wati should go into a depression but this could change if it doesnt become a depression it will hit in the same area maybe a little south from where it crossed the coast, it is hanging of the coast near townsville like i said if it doesnt change track it will cross through townsville. up there they are without power, water and the sewage has gone as well they are moving big generatora up to the affected areas to get power up again. they have run out of food in the affected areas but the army is flying in the basics which they will need. the army is moving up to the worse affected areas and they will help to get the trees out of the highway and off the main roads, there is one little township which has been wiped of the face of the earth like bek said they have lost everything but they have said that they will rebuild. we had no loss of life just a few injuries like cuts and broken bones, they are being fixed in tempary accomidation as the hospital lost its roof in the cyclone as well. away from the eye of the cyclone places like townsville lost power but they were able to get it up and runnning again within 24 hours we are a plucky lot and will all get together and help them all out.

just to say thanks for the concern but as you can see we are fine so far one good thing with the cyclone crossing the coast is that we could get rain in the catchment areas for our dams talk about a blessing in disguise.

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Smokey and Bek

I'm glad to hear that you girls and your
    families and friends are alright.hope the
    next one stays away from you as well.

Bek, thanks for posting the map and photo.

Smokey, I hope you get the rain without the
    storm.

Beat wishes

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• Hi Bek and Smokey, sorry to reply on this so late but i had not heard much on that storm and are glad to see that you both came through in good order. You see, I had no power at my place for two days because a power transformer blew-up and we did not get a replacement nor power restored, for two days. Anyway, I am glad you all made it and hope that those who were closer to the storm, came through as best as possible. I also sure hope there were no deaths due to this storm.

Best regards -- Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I heard about the storm, as it was on the radio news. But when they said it was in the northeast section of Australia, I wasn't as worried, because I knew that both Bek and smokey were in the southeast. However, I am happy to have all that confirmed by both ladies.

Bek, thanks for that map (how'd you do that, BTW?).

Chester sends his regards, and says he's glad y'all are OK, too :lol: .

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Thanks for your concern everyone. It's great to see some good people out there in the world!

Mrs C. I have a picture editing program on my computer so I was able to add the bits about where the cyclone hit and where Smokey and I are. :D

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]