John Wayne: An American Icon Collection To Dvd

There are 11 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,556 times. The latest Post () was by arthurarnell.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• May 26, 2006 - On June 6, 2006, Universal Studios Home Entertainment will release John Wayne: An American Icon on DVD, a collection of John Wayne movies in one convenient boxset. Universal Studios is providing a bundle of quality John Wayne films at an affordable price, as it will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $26.98.

The John Wayne: An American Icon DVD will feature the following movies:

Seven Sinners
    The Shepherd of the Hills
    Pittsburgh
    The Conqueror
    Jet Pilot

Check out the artwork for the John Wayne: An American Icon DVD boxset attached.

Stay tuned to IGN DVD for more information about this and other upcoming releases!
    http://dvd.ign.com/articles/710/710276p1.html

• Hi Kevin

Looks good, not that it helps us on this side of the pond, and talking about that if you have any clout with Paramount can you persuade them to release The High and the Mighty and Island in the Sky over here.

regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• Nice. Now if they could release the box set with "The Searchers", "Fort Apache", ect.... for the same price as the Icon set. The best that I found was $58 from Amazon, even Deep Discount DVD was more expensive.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi. It's been a while since I posted at this site but I just got to let some of the fans know I just picked this box set up on that "famous online auction site" for $3.25 plus $3.50 shipping. New and sealed. So it does pay to watch those sites every now and again. The cheapest I have found this locally has been $27.00 at one of those large book, dvd, and music retailers.

• Hello sun526. Glad to see you posting again. That's a great deal you got. Ya just gotta love that "famous online auction site". I look all the time for great bargains there. Makes ya feel good when you find one! :D Hope to see you on the board more. Have a good one!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Thanks Mark. I plan on being around a bit now, I had some medical problems and the same time I joined , but all is cool now. One more thing, I don't know whether anyone else has mentioned this, but when ever I go to that one store ...........something-mart ;) , I alway check the cheap $5.50 dvd bin and it has been a wealth of Duke movies like, The Searchers, Rio Grande, and The Fighting Kentuckian just to name a few. I just thought I would share this info with the other members. Each trip I make almost seems like :newyear:

• Y'all need to be wary of that "famous online auction site". Awhile back I ordered a $50. book from a seller on that site. Not only did I not get the book but I never got my money back either. And the auction site wanted another $25. to arbitrate the dispute between me and the seller.
    I'll never buy anything on that auction site again.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Indeed! I am really careful to read all feedback of sellers. Too many negatives and pass'em by like a freight train passing a hobo. Sorry to hear about the book. I only had one deal go bad and that involved a Beatles lp. The seller took photos and gave a description of one fairly rare lp and sent me a cheap reissue. Ever since I really scrutinize all possible sellers I deal with. Please don't misunderstand my post, I am not shilling for that "famous on line auction site" I just wanted to let other JW fans that there are still great deals out there for the "Icon" box set. If I am not wrong but I think this is the only way to "Pittsburgh" and maybe the rest of the films in the set on dvd.

Originally posted by Stumpy@Sep 9 2006, 03:17 AM
    Y'all need to be wary of that "famous online auction site". Awhile back I ordered a $50. book from a seller on that site. Not only did I not get the book but I never got my money back either. And the auction site wanted another $25. to arbitrate the dispute between me and the seller.
    I'll never buy anything on that auction site again.

[snapback]34356[/snapback]

The same with me. I send money to the seller, but he said that he received nothing and send me nothing too. After that I prefer to buy DVDs and books in other places, were I can pay by credit card, like Abebooks. And the prices for books there are othen cheaper.
    Regards,
    Senta :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Senta@Sep 9 2006, 12:21 AM
    The same with me. I send money to the seller, but he said that he received nothing and send me nothing too. After that I prefer to buy DVDs and books in other places, were I can pay by credit card, like Abebooks. And the prices for books there are othen cheaper.
    Regards,
    Senta :rolleyes:

[snapback]34362[/snapback]

Yes, abebooks is good. We also enjoy using Amazon. They have a lot of other things besides books, too, and often free shipping on new items. (for orders over $25). We've done quite a bit of buying, and some selling, on that "famous online auction site" and have been fortunate for the most part. Certainly nothing like Stumpy's unfortunate event :angry: ! Although one time, when I purchased a Ford diesel engine for around $700 from a guy in the midwest, and it came real close to the 90 day mark before he finally got off the stick and got it shipped. I warned him that I would contact ebay. In fact, I filed a suspected fraud report at 9 AM, on the last day of the 90-day limit. Then, at 11 AM, a shipping company called me to confirm the delivery address, so it worked out, but I was getting a little nervous. :unsure:

Chester :newyear:

• I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I have done allot of buying and selling on ebay and as of yet, it has been nothing but good. And I've been doing it for years. Of course, I am knocking on wood as I say this ;) So, for now, I shall remain an ebay fan :D

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Hi

I had a bit of a lay off using e-bay but recently I've picked up some neat photgraphs and I hope good DVDs. The only time I got taken was a couple of yeas ago by an American dealer,but in general I am satisfied with e-bay dealing.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low