Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,373,187 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I rented two movies last night, and am glad that I rented them for a dollar a piece. The first Inglorious Basterds was entertaining, but twisted. Hard to follow the sub titles throughout the movie (there were a lot), and the violence was ridiculous. Not one that I would recommend, but I am glad that I did see it.

The second was Push. It was not better. That movie was all over the place, and very hard to follow. It to had some sub titles. A no- go to a recommendation to this one as well. I was at the time deciding as to what to purchase at the time of release between Push and Knowing. I got my answer last night.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Saw: Missing in Action and Missing in Action II: The Beginning. After that will be three diff James Bond flicks w/ 3 diff Bonds in them.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Went to the movie Sunday, and saw Up in the Air with Geroge Clooney. I thought it was a good movie with an interesting twist. Kinda artsy, but a pretty good story. You might enjoy it, but does have quiet a bit of cursing.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I saw a double bill of Cary Grant movies - Holiday (1938) and My Favorite Wife (1940). The first was a reteaming of Grant and Katharine Hepburn, much less well known than Bringing Up Baby. It's always a delight to see the great character actor Henry Daniell. The second film was very predictable but still amusing in parts. Very funny seeing Randolph Scott in a romantic comedy, before he starred in all those westerns.

• "UP" - a thoroughly delightful animated feature from Pixar and Disney. So many little details, the wife and I will have to watch it a lot!

REALLY fun movie (not without its touching moments - keep the Kleenex nearby!). The Mrs. and the kids saw this in the theater, but Santa brought the DVD and I finally got to see it. I really enjoyed it, and highly recommend it. Pixar does it again!

Chester :newyear:

• This afternoon I watched a film that being a career military man, moved me deeply. I pre-ordered the film several weeks ago and it was just released on DVD last Tuesday (12 Jan). I received it in the mail today (Friday) and since I had been eagerly awaiting its' arrival, decided to go ahead and watch it today,

The title of the film is "The Hurt Locker" and it's an extremely realistic portrayal of the dangers confronting a three-man team of EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) troops in Iraq. (In civilian life, these guys would be called the bomb squad, as it's their job to disarm bombs). I won't describe it further, in case others want to see the movie, but I highly recommend it, particularly for those of you who admire our people in uniform, and especially any who've served themselves.

What really blew my mind about this film is that it was produced and directed by a woman, for gosh sakes. When and if you see it yourself, you'll understand my amazement that such a film had a female in charge.

I don't recall ever seeing any of the main players in a movie before but I thought all performances were great.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I look forward to seeing this movie as I have heard nothing but praise for this film.
    Being a ex-jarhead these films hit home. :tank:

ps I just hit my 600 post. thank God we don't have wright letters I would stiil be on my 6th.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

Edited 2 times, last by BILL OF PA ().

• Watched "Vantage Point" - fascinating look at a terrorist attack on the United States President in a foreign country from different points of view. Dennis Quaid shines as a secret service agent. Many character actors visible here.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Watched Avatar in 3D.
    I enjoyed this movie. But,story was platitude
    and was reminded me of Japanese animation or
    Dance with Wolves. It was same old story.

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• I saw Midnight Express for the first time ever. Definitely a powerful film which still looks fairly modern. I think John Hurt may be the most underrated British actor of his generation.

• Went to the theater and saw The Lovely Bones. A definate drama supernatural suspense movie. The little girl was so good, and with Rachel Weiz, Mark Wahlberg made this a movie worth seeing. It is a little way out, but what a story.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote