Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,391,404 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just started season 2 of: The Andy Griffith Show. I guess they did not want to carry over to another season-Andy's Girlfriend Elly :-(( Shame too, because I thought her character helped make the show.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I miss seeing the Dick van Dike Show. Those will have to be some I look into getting sometime in the future. I also want to get McHale's Navy, Gunsmoke etc. ;-))

• Watched a movie on TCM this morning. Did not catch it's title but, it was a movie about Chris Columbus discovering a new land. Then I cought Pancho Villa w/ one of the Beery clan, as the bandit himself.

• The last movie I watched and was really able to step into and get lost in was "Anatomy of A Murder" with James Stewart.

• a little note in passing. the person playing the judge in anatomy of a murder was a real lawyer,who on national tv in the 50's put senater joseph mccarthy in his place.and putting a ending to the army hearings.he later became a real judge.joseph welch.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Having dug out some VHS tapes, im going to be watching Robert Mitchum in: The Winds of War, and then War & Remembrance. Dang, it's been over 10 years since I last watched these.

• Transformers, I know I know. Kids and love it and so does there dad.....Sorry!!!

Big kids love these things too!

Is it any good? Is the JW voice over a big part? How about doing a review for those of us who have not seen it yet please?

Last one I watched was Flintstones movie - great casting and clever effects. Used to watch the cartoon version when I was a real kid and I was surprised how close to the cartoons the film was.

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• watched on telly a dog of flanders, watched it with the little bloke and he enjoyed it as well.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Big kids love these things too!

Is it any good? Is the JW voice over a big part? How about doing a review for those of us who have not seen it yet please?

Last one I watched was Flintstones movie - great casting and clever effects. Used to watch the cartoon version when I was a real kid and I was surprised how close to the cartoons the film was.

Hi Elly,

Transformers is not going to make you think while you are watching it. It is pure entertainment/eye candy. I would say it is cheesy, loud, over the top and I loved it. I think what's most appealing is that it doesn't try to take itself seriously. John Wayne's voice is his and it is a quick little line that comes from a car radio, I don't want to say anymore in case it might ruin some of the show for someone.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Elly,

Transformers is not going to make you think while you are watching it. It is pure entertainment/eye candy. I would say it is cheesy, loud, over the top and I loved it. I think what's most appealing is that it doesn't try to take itself seriously. John Wayne's voice is his and it is a quick little line that comes from a car radio, I don't want to say anymore in case it might ruin some of the show for someone.

Thanks for the info. Often I only want to be entertained and cheesy, loud and over the top sounds great to me!

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• "Magnum Force" - I seem to be on a Dirty Harry kick right now!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

I too, love Clint's Dirty Harry movies. I have Dirty Harry and the one that has Tyne Daly in it-can't think of the name off hand.

Other than bits of the O'Reilly Factor and Hannity and Combs, all im watching are season 2 episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. :thumbs_up:

• [quote='The Ringo Kid','http://dukewayne.com/bb/index.php?thread/&postID=57211#post57211']I too, love Clint's Dirty Harry movies. I have Dirty Harry and the one that has Tyne Daly in it-can't think of the name off hand.
    ringo the movie is the enforcer.1976.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• I too, love Clint's Dirty Harry movies. I have Dirty Harry and the one that has Tyne Daly in it-can't think of the name off hand.
    Other than bits of the O'Reilly Factor and Hannity and Combs, all im watching are season 2 episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. :thumbs_up:

That was "The Enforcer." Harry showed a little more compassion in this one!

"Not hardly!!!"