Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,411,714 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Still watching War and Remembrance. I think im on about part 7 now? not sure? Anyway, its still captivating and keeps one full of interest.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• A few days ago, I watched American Gangster with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. Pretty good movie based on a true story. Denzel plays Frank Lucas who takes over the empire of his mentor in Harlem and proceeds to pile up the money selling drugs and Crowe plays the cop out to take him down. Takes place in the early 70's and the film even had a look that it was made in that time period.

• Watched Blood Diamond on my HD-DVD player. I was very reluctanct to watch this movie as I am not a huge DiCaprio fan, I liked him in "The Man in the Iron Mask" and that was about it. but Blood Diamond was very good and thought provoking.

Also to lighten things up I watched "National Lampoons Animal House" afterwards. That's always a good one for laughs.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We watched Return to Me last night, a romantic comedy with David Duchovny and Minnie Driver. Some GREAT laughs amid some very poignant scenes.

If you haven't seen it and are possibly watching it with kids, almost all of it is "family friendly" but there are a couple of scenes, played for laughs, that have a bit of language in them - not awful, but just so you know :wink_smile:.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• The Sin of Harold Diddlebock, the first Harold Lloyd movie I've ever seen - probably not the best starting place with his last movie. Not bad, at least he didn't annoy me as so many comedians do, in spite of all the overacting and making faces. For a former silent star he talks an awful lot

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Saw part 8 to: War and Remembrance, last night. Aaron Jastrow is now finally "seeing" that the Concentration Camp he and his Niece are at, is not such a nice and """temporary""" place the Germans placed them at. Dr. Jastrow comes face-to-face with jerko: Adolf Eichmann; for the first time.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Saw part 8 to: War and Remembrance, last night. Aaron Jastrow is now finally "seeing" that the Concentration Camp he and his Niece are at, is not such a nice and """temporary""" place the Germans placed them at. Dr. Jastrow comes face-to-face with jerko: Adolf Eichmann; for the first time.

Ringo, the more I read your posts about War and Remembrance, the more I think I would like to check it out.:thumbs_up:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• I watched The Shepherd Of The Hills (love that movie) and Pittsburgh. I noticed a trend Duke had going with Marlene Dietrich in their films together. She slapped the taste out of Duke's mouth in Pittsburgh AND in The Spoilers. I'll have to watch Seven Sinners again to see if she slapped him in that movie. If she did, makes you wonder how he ever wanted to have an affair with her. :stunned:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• watched santa clause 2 &3 tonight, will watch shepherd of the hills next week when i get it with my collection cant wait to see it. watched are we done yet last night and hope to watch 10 dogs of christmas in the next few days.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Like smokey, it appears we are in the Christmas mode as well.

Two nights ago, we watched [IMDB]I'll Be Home for Christmas[/IMDB], a rather funny offering with Jonathan Taylor Thomas, from 1998.

Last night, we watched [IMDB]The Christmas Shoes[/IMDB], originally a TV special in 2002. The plot was kind of thin, but it was still a heartwarming, tear-wrenching story with a good ending.

I suspect we'll opt for something a little lighter this evening.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Tried watching "Ocean's 13" but fell asleep. Not much to get excited about in that one. I think they should have just stayed at Ocean's 11 and quit.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• "Lady in the Water" with Paul Giamatti and Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron Howard's daughter). Turned out to be a better movie than I expected with some touching moments.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"