Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,373,891 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Heck, at least you all know how to use a PS3. If I ever got one it would be like trying to learn Heiroglyphics.

Anyway, after I git home this evening, im gonna watch a fairly funny movie called: "Out Cold" which has Lee Majors in it.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Heck, at least you all know how to use a PS3.

No, I DON'T know how to use it . . . I don't even know how to turn it on :headbonk:!

On that very same PS3, we watched The Sixth Day, with the Governator. Pretty suspenseful, and reminiscent of Coma and Total Recall. Interesting special effects, too. Our teenaged kids are on a self-proclaimed mission to watch all of Arnold's movies.

Chester :newyear:

• What Christmas season would be complete without at least one viewing of "A Charlie Brown Christmas? We fired up the ol' Playstation 3 (our DVD player died recently) and watched it. The Mrs. realized she was the same age as our youngest when she first saw it, back in '65. I was halfway through my senior in high school :wink_smile:.

You got a PS3? You do know that has a Blu-Ray player on it right? If you have a high def TV you could be watching movies in high def. And they just came out with a firmware update for the PS3's that allow pip and other usability enhancements.

If you want I can send you our XBOX(old) and you can send me your PS3 if you don't have a hd tv, hehehe!!! J/K!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• You got a PS3? You do know that has a Blu-Ray player on it right? If you have a high def TV you could be watching movies in high def. And they just came out with a firmware update for the PS3's that allow pip and other usability enhancements.

If you want I can send you our XBOX(old) and you can send me your PS3 if you don't have a hd tv, hehehe!!! J/K!!!!

Actually, that Blu-Ray player was one of the selling points for our older son, and one of the first things he did after getting it in the house was to run to the video store and rent the Blu-ray version of El Dorado . . . and we do have the right TV to take full advantage of it :hyper:. The picture was incredible. We could CLEARLY see Duke's Red River D belt buckle in all its glory - it was amazing! Looks just like one that's on ebay right now.

And thanks for your very generous offer to take that PS3 off our hands . . . we'll have to talk to our two sons (who purchased it with their hard earned money) and see what they think of the idea :vomit:.

Chester :newyear: (hoping a playful attitude is evident :teeth_smile:)

• Actually, that Blu-Ray player was one of the selling points for our older son, and one of the first things he did after getting it in the house was to run to the video store and rent the Blu-ray version of El Dorado . . . and we do have the right TV to take full advantage of it :hyper:. The picture was incredible. We could CLEARLY see Duke's Red River D belt buckle in all its glory - it was amazing! Looks just like one that's on ebay right now.

And thanks for your very generous offer to take that PS3 off our hands . . . we'll have to talk to our two sons (who purchased it with their hard earned money) and see what they think of the idea :vomit:.

I just picked up a HD DVD player for $100 bucks about a month ago. Not sure who will win the format war but if Blu-Ray wins I did'nt spend alot of money on the HD DVD player so I won't feel bad if I have to go buy a Blu-Ray player.

It is fun watching Duke in HD, currently I they have Rio Bravo, The Searchers, and The Cowboys in high def, Blu Ray and HD DVD. I didn't know they had El Dorado out as well.

Let me know if he wants to trade game consoles!!! hehehehe!!

-John Wayne

• watched Shepherd of the hills for the first time. thought it was a lovely movie and really enjoyed it, liked the interaction between john wayne and harry carey. one thing that did catch my eye was he sure did have a cute bum mmmmmmmmmmmm can watch it all day long hehe. loved the area it was filmed in very beautiful hope it is still like that now a days but more than likely it has been build up like every thing now.

got this movie in the collection that i am collecting got the alamo this week

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Watched Mr. Brooks last night. For well acted by Costner and William Hurt. Very suspenseful. Due to the nature of the film I will not be watching it again though. With what happened to my wife's cousin last April it hits alittle close to home as the authorities have yet to find a suspect in the case.

-John Wayne

• Watched Gladiator last night, with Russell Crowe. I bought the extended version. I like to see what they cut out just to get into a time frame. It was longer, but better, in my opinion.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Watched The Fog last night , what a creepy movie ! ! :glare:

Which version? the old one or the new one?

The Fog, the one made by John Carpenter) is one of a VERY few more modern day horror movies I like. Adrienne BArboux has one heck of a sexy voice. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper::thumbs_up:

Last non western I watched was some old screwball comedy with David Niven and Ginger Rogers. It was quite good actually. Anyway, I don't know the movies name so you'll have to look for it listed on TCMs schedule. :rolleyes:

• Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck. This is a fun movie and full of charm for the Christmas season.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• After everyone went to bed I watched my HD DVD version of "Blade Runner". Let me tell you the picture is nothing short of amazing. It is kind of a quirky film but I love Harrison Ford. And I grew up a fan of the movie as a child of the 80's.

-John Wayne

• Donovan's Reef and enjoyed it a lot. By the way I began to think that may be Ford was influenced in this one by European cinematorgaphy of the time.
    I only was worrying that such paradise island as Ford American West never exists in reality and is only a myth. So it is hopeless to search both on Earth.

• Holiday Affair with the sexy Janet Leigh, and Robert Mitchum. I like this movie a lot. It was on TCM. Funny, this movie is not on DVD.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Yesterday I watched the original first Star Wars movie. The first time I saw it was when I was 11 yrs old and I still love this movie and enjoy every part of it. Tonight will be it's sequel: The Empire Strikes Back and concluding this trilogy tomorrow night with the third installment: Return of the Jedi.