Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,357,980 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well, what seemed breathtaking in 1956 is not so impressive today. It's still memorable for being Robert Newton's last film though.

• I have to admit that I too liked the original verson of (Around the World In 80 Days) the best and I liked Jackie Chan's version as well. I think there is another version of thsi movie out and I think it had Pierce Brosnan in it. I have not seen it but, I THINK it's available on DvD?

Anyway, last night was a good night (and a rare type one for me) as I watched two-that's TWO Sports Movies, and I normally hate sports movies. I managed to catch the last half hour of: Knute Rockne: All American-with Pat O'Brien (as Knute) and Ronald Reagan (as The Gipper) and I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw. After that was Gary Cooper, Dan Duryea, Walter Brennan and THE Babe Ruth in: "Pride of the Yankees" which I also thoroughly enjoyed. After these, I watched a few more season 1 episodes of The Andy Griffith Show.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Saw some more season 1 episodes of The Andy Griffith Show and I think I might splurge a bit this month and buy season 2. I need 32 more ways of escaping reality for awhile.

• Ditto here as a fan of CLint's Dirty Harry movies.

Today on TCM, I was able to catch: Treasure of the Sierra Madre w/ Humphrey Bogart, Tim Holt and Alfonso "Badges? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges" Bedoya. After that, I watched on AMC: "The Longest Day" w/ Duke, Hank Fonda, Bob Mitchum, Gert Frobe, Curt Jurgens, Hans-Christian Blech and Richard Burton.

"Midway" w/ Charlton Heston, Hank Fonda and Robert Wagner; was playing.

• Ditto here as a fan of CLint's Dirty Harry movies.

Today on TCM, I was able to catch: Treasure of the Sierra Madre w/ Humphrey Bogart, Tim Holt and Alfonso "Badges? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges" Bedoya. After that, I watched on AMC: "The Longest Day" w/ Duke, Hank Fonda, Bob Mitchum, Gert Frobe, Curt Jurgens, Hans-Christian Blech and Richard Burton.

"Midway" w/ Charlton Heston, Hank Fonda and Robert Wagner; was playing.

Well Ringo, if you're a fan of Hank Fonda, then tonight is your night on TCM as they will be showing The Ox-Bow Incident, My Name is Nobody ( I highly recommend that one ), Welcome to Hard Times, The Rounders, and Once Upon a Time in the West.

BTW, I just finished watching the 1960 verson of The Time Machine and maybe we can start a new thread with something I noticed in this movie. If you look closely when Rod Taylor travels through time, you'll notice that the time machine was manufactured by H. George Wells who of course wrote the book. Now my question is, what other movies give credit to the author in some way such as the one as I described above?

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Well Ringo, if you're a fan of Hank Fonda, then tonight is your night on TCM as they will be showing The Ox-Bow Incident, My Name is Nobody ( I highly recommend that one ), Welcome to Hard Times, The Rounders, and Once Upon a Time in the West.

BTW, I just finished watching the 1960 verson of The Time Machine and maybe we can start a new thread with something I noticed in this movie. If you look closely when Rod Taylor travels through time, you'll notice that the time machine was manufactured by H. George Wells who of course wrote the book. Now my question is, what other movies give credit to the author in some way such as the one as I described above?

Hi GT, thanks for the "Heads-up" on the Hank Fonda Westerns lastnight. I managed to catch the tailend of The Ox-Bow Incident, all of: My Name Is Nobody (which is one of a VERY few "Pasta Westerns" that I like. And I saw Welcome to Hard Times-which I thought was astrange western. I watched a few minutes of The Rounders-then went to bed.

Not sure what you mean about The Time MAchine though. Start another thread on it so we can discuss it. ;-))

• Next with Nicholas Cage, and Julianne Moore. Cage can see 2 minutes into the future, and can make some last minute changes, and he is going against terrorist group trying to nuke Southern California. Moore plays an FBI agent trying to get Cage to help her out to find these people before they blow up Southern California.

A very interesting but twisted movie. This one may have a sequel. You may like it or not, so be ready for some strange things to happen.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "The Tingler" with Vincent Price on TCM last night. I remember when this first came out in theaters back in the late 50s, the theaters were rigged up with a device that gave a mild shock to members of the audience when the plot had the "tingler" in the screen theater. I don't think anyone could do that now - too much chance of lawsuits.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

"Not hardly!!!"

• Faust by Murnau (1926), with an orchestra, some singing and live sound effects. I'm blown away, such powerful images

I don't believe in surrenders.

• "The Tingler" with Vincent Price on TCM last night. I remember when this first came out in theaters back in the late 50s, the theaters were rigged up with a device that gave a mild shock to members of the audience when the plot had the "tingler" in the screen theater. I don't think anyone could do that now - too much chance of lawsuits.

Aint that the truth? Too many lawsuit-happy people here. :glare:

Still watching season 1 of The Andy Griffith Show. Barney sure was a hoot. :teeth_smile:

• The Odd Couple with Walter Mathau and Jack Lennon. I think this is the first time I've watched the whole movie. It was on TCM.

Cheer :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Eastwood's Bird, sort of liked it in spite of 3 hours of jazz that makes me sleepy. Interesting detail: Charlie Parker (Forest Whittaker) says he met Gabby Hayes and asked for his autograph, and when telling about the incident Whittaker tries to imitate Gabby

I don't believe in surrenders.