Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,620 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched "Superbad". While not a movie the kids can watch, I found myself chuckling at parts as some of it was so true during my high school years.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• It Came From Beneath the Sea on TCM last night. This movie was about a giant Octopus that first attacked a US Navy Sub and then started attacking people on a beack-and ate them. Next this Octopi, decided to attack the Golden Gate Bridge (and did a pretty good job of it too ;-))

After that, I watched: Wake of the Red Witch partly through because I was not feeliing too well. I need to watch it again-what I saw was something unusual for Duke-IMO.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Elizabeth: The Golden Age - An exploration of the relationship between Elizabeth I and the adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh.
    I liked the first film and for once I like a sequel. I love these kinds of films, and can't get enough of films based on early English (medieval) period.

• Hello All,
    I have just watched "Sharpe's Eagle" starring Sean Bean. It is about a soldier during the peninsular wars of 1808 - 1815 against Napoleon. I found it very interesting and enjoyed the various characters depicted. I will follow this with "Sharpe's Gold" very shortly. It is part of a series that was originally on ITV in England.
    Regards
    Redcap

RACMP - For the troops With the troops

• Over the weekend I watched "I am Legend", great beginning, ending was crap. I also watched "Michael Clayton". Good movie, rather slow for my tastes but good none the less.

-John Wayne

• just watch today an australian movie called Malcom is a good family movie and it is based in Melbourne where they still have trams

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I always wanted to see those 15 or so Sharpe movies, Sean Bean is consistently entertaining. Anyway, I last watched Everybody Loves Raymond, I actually love Robert more his presence alone makes me giggle.

I'm not a big fan of that particular programme, but I do find Robert the funniest.

I think my favourite American sitcom would be the superior "Frasier".

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Frasier's okay, but I have always tended to lean towards the more broad humor presented by Raymond among others. In my book the Three Stooges, Abbott & Costello, and to a lesser extent Jerry Lewis are my favorites.

The Phantom (1996) Billy Zane. was the last Non Western I Watched

• Watched Galdiator last night or should I say, started watching it. Will finish it tonight I hope. Its become a all time favorite, not for the fighting and blood, though I do enjoy the fighting, its more for the story and the acting from Crowe.

-John Wayne

• 101 Dalmations, yes a Disney movie from 1961 that has just been released in animation.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Watched a Costner movie to commemorate the start of baseball. "For Love of the Game", although long in spots, I enjoyed the film and the baseball story behind it is fun as well.

-John Wayne

• Hello All,
    I have just watched "Sharpe's Eagle" starring Sean Bean. It is about a soldier during the peninsular wars of 1808 - 1815 against Napoleon. I found it very interesting and enjoyed the various characters depicted. I will follow this with "Sharpe's Gold" very shortly. It is part of a series that was originally on ITV in England.
    Regards
    Redcap

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up: I'm familiar with all of those Sharpe's movies. I've seen several of them and like them. Deep Discount DvD used to have a special boxed set that had all of them come inside of a weeden "ammo" crate and also had a real-sized dagger with them. Don't know if this set is still offered with these bonuses or not? but if so, I want a set.

Also, I saw these when A&E was also showing the Horatio Hornblower series-of which I am a fan of as well.

The last thing I saw non-western was a vintage British War movie that was on this morning on TCM-I did not see it all the way through nor did I catch it's title.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..