Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,381,409 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• :thumbs_up:I too just watched the new Star Trek movie this weekend. It was so good I watched it again with the director's commentary. Then I watched it again!!!!! Guess that means I really liked it, huh?

• Last night I watched PUBLIC ENEMIES with Johnny Deep.
    The story of John Dillinger.
    This is the best true to life film on Dillinger I had ever seen.
    very well done with many of the scenes shot at the actual locations.:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Tonight I watched Jimmy Stewart and Wendell Corey in "Carbine Williams", the story of a moonshiner (Jimmy) who's convicted of killing a federal revenuer and sent to prison on a 30-year sentence. Whille working in the metal shop at the prison, where Corey is the warden, Jimmy invents a new lightweight automatic rifle, called the carbine, which was adopted by the U.S. military and widely used in WW2. Jimmy is pardoned and released from prison after serving 8 years, whereupon he goes to work for Winchester as a gun designer. Supposedly, this film was based on fact. As usual, Jimmy turns in a great performance. Corey ain't bad either.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• This afternoon I watched this film, which starred "Just the facts, Ma'am" Jack Webb as a tough-as-nails USMC drill sergeant trying to whip a platoon into shape at P.I. (Parris Island). One of his boots is giving him a lot of problems but eventually the kid shapes up. Old Jack played the part very realistically (I know from personal experience :rolleyes:) but he overdid the swagger stick bit.

• My friends and I decided that we were going to have a Harry Potter night and watch the fifth and sixth movie but the rental place didn't have them so we just watched the third one and are now on the fourth. They're really good movies and amazing books no matter what you might have heard lol.

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• This morning I'm watching a film with Edward G. Robinson as a gentle farmer in early-day Wisconsin whose biggest ambition in life is to have a newer and larger barn. As y'all know, this is a complete change of character for Mr. Robinson, who usually played a variety of unsavory roles. Margaret O'Brien plays his sweet (as always) young daughter and Agnes Moorehead his no-nonsense, very practical wife. The movie is "Our Vines Have Tender Grapes", a film I've never seen before (and I thought I'd seen 'em all)

• Horatio Hornblower RN. I never get tired of seeing that film.

It's a favorite in our home as well! :thumbs_up:

This morning I'm watching a film with Edward G. Robinson . . . . The movie is "Our Vines Have Tender Grapes", a film I've never seen before (and I thought I'd seen 'em all)

Sounds like a pretty good movie. I'm guessing it's on one of the cable channels?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As for our family . . . last night, we rented the DVD of the first four episodes of a show called Castle, about a best-selling murder mystery author, Richard Castle, who works with NYPD Detective Kate Beckett in homocide. Pretty good show (in it's second season now, I think), with some intrigue, funny moments, touching scenes, etc. We've been enjoying it on Hulu each week, but our daughter had never seen it.

• Showed The Crimson Pirate to my grandson yesterday. He's still bouncing off the furniture.
    Lancaster and Cravat were amazing. Johnny Depp only had CGI, these two guys were a former circus acrobat act.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Harry Brown with Michael Caine-pretty good "Death Wish" variation, but slow moving. The Blind Side-Very good!

• This morning I'm watching a film with Edward G. Robinson as a gentle farmer in early-day Wisconsin whose biggest ambition in life is to have a newer and larger barn. As y'all know, this is a complete change of character for Mr. Robinson, who usually played a variety of unsavory roles. Margaret O'Brien plays his sweet (as always) young daughter and Agnes Moorehead his no-nonsense, very practical wife. The movie is "Our Vines Have Tender Grapes", a film I've never seen before (and I thought I'd seen 'em all)

Unbelievable......Edward G. Robinson in church singing "Joy To The World". Is this the Edward G. Robinson we know? :ohmy:

• Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaunghn. Cute movie with some great actors like Robert Duvall, Jon Voight, Sissy Spacek, Mary Steenburgen, Tim McGraw, and Dewight Yoakam.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Sounds like a pretty good movie. I'm guessing it's on one of the cable channels?

Just so you'll know, Jim & Sue, "Our Vines Have Tender Grapes" is an excellent family movie that makes you feel good. As we all know, they make hardly any movies like that anymore.

The end is especially "feel-good". Thought I was gonna boo-hoo. :cry2:

I know many people nowadays don't care for movies characterized as "saccharine", meaning excessively sweet and with a "do-gooder" tone but this simple-minded old country boy still likes 'em. (and misses 'em too)

BTW (check your PMs).

• Nice good old movie about knights, but not as good as Robert Taylor´s "Kinghts of the Round Table" or "Ivanhoe"!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."