Weight Watchers Not Anonymous

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,103 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello All
    I was reading the thread about how tall we are and the side issue of weight and I had a thought. In order to add the support and ramp up the motivation to increase our fitness we state our weight and keep checking in on a weekly basis to demonstrate how the resist dessert program is going. I have a sweet tooth so long it drags on the ground. I came by it honestly, as a kid we had dessert every night after dinner. I have never been able to shake the addiction but I can manage the beast with a little willpower.

July 16th 206 pounds and shrinking by gar. :uhuh2:

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Not sure about this reporting every week, but the current situation is, I believe (everybody says my scales are lying, upwards, of course), 83 kg aka 183 pounds, and that is sure about 10 kgs too much. I feel the extra load in my kneels.
    I bought a new bicycle a week ago as the previous one was stolen a few months back, and there´s a good cycle path almost the whole way to my work, ca. 5 miles. And I signed up for gym today. And as promised I´ll start regular horse-back riding as soon as I get first salary here. Hopefully this will help without the need of cutting down what I eat. There´s no more honest love than love for food!

I don't believe in surrenders.

• hi kilo

i to have a sweet tooth that drags along the ground but i have a way to satisfy it i have one junk food day a week and this is the time i get something sweet for my self i do a lot of walking i walk 1km to the bus and 2kms to work and climb up and dpwn ladders and lift boxes of groceries to put on the capping have no idea what i weigh but i have since christmas gone down 1 size on my backside (get into smaller pants(shorts)) and 2 sizes on the top. dont have the time to check in each week but when i'm on holidays next which will be in september i will have worked at getting smaller. i have found that if i dont drink to much soft drink i loose weight quicker. with working and walking in one day i can walk about 10kms a day

see you around smaller
    cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello All
    If I knew how to edit a topic I would lose the weekly part of this and leave it open as a general check in for whenever. Having said that I smile when I think of 183 pounds being to light. That weight is my goal and its going to take 6 months of strong willpower and increased exercise to achieve it. I think getting a cycle is a good plan. Also the once a week junk food plan has merritt. Reducing pop intake has got to be a good thing. As a result of the Monument Valley pledge I started ordering ginger ale, near beer or colas when I was out or having them at home. When I stopped that I noticed a change in the weight pattern. When working on a film set there is always a table set up with free snacks, many tempting and high calorie goodies to resist. Sometimes on a long day your focuss on not having any slips as you reach the 12 hour mark. My knees tell me that I have to mend my ways or suffer the consequences. I think a sugar addiction never goes away but you can fight it if the will is there. good luck to all those who are trying. :)

• Hello All
    August 23 201 pounds and holding, 5 pounds in 5 weeks and a battle every ounce up and back down again. Processed sugar is not my friend. Butter--what's that? For all the members who keep their chair in the corner with the back to the wall and watch calories like they were outlaws, keep your powder dry and keep fighting the good fight. :cowboy:

• Hello All
    I was reading the old posts on this thread and I had to laugh. Here I was at 201 and thinking that was bad. On December 31 2008 I stepped on the scale and it read 213 pounds. War was declared and I made a resolve to break 200 or else. Today I am at 198 pounds and determined to go the distance to 183 pounds. I have been walking ( our dog loves it ) for 30 min to an hour work days and 3 hours on average over the week ends. I have a very special reward in mind and although I plan on enjoying this reward regardless of my weight, it will be a sweet ( did I say desert ) victory if one happens along with the other. I have about three months to lose the next 15 pounds in order for it to happen that way. I know that this is something I have to be self motivated for
    but it's very nice when others offer encouragement (family friends co-workers etc ) and so for any one else who is trying I say this. If I can do it any one without a conflicting medical/health issue can. Why I have ordered 6 eggs with all the extras and I could go on but you get the picture. take care pilgrims and with calories use lethal force. :wink_smile:

Edited once, last by kilo 6: grammar ().

• Wow, we were so busy in July '06 we never saw this thread until you brought it back, kilo!

I would have to say that when you were averaging a pound a week, that is a very reasonable weight loss program (in a year, you'd lose 52 pounds if you kept at the same pace!).

Anyway, we are with you, could definitely stand to take off a few pounds, or at least some inches. Remember that as you exercise and get more fit, you build more muscle and muscle weighs more than fat, so don't just watch the scales, watch your muscle tone and how you feel, too.

I have in recent months been involved in an aerobic kickboxing class two times a week, where we are literally moving the whole time for an hour. I sweat my clothes soaking every time!

As to my weight . . . let's just leave it that I'm a pretty big guy, and could stand to take off a few pounds (or at least inches).

But I don't mind checking in periodically with progress (or lack thereof . . . :confused_smile: ).

Chester :newyear:

• I was diagnosed with diabetes a little over 6 years ago. Because of that I completely changed my dietary habits. From being a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy I went to a diet consisting almost exclusively of fruit and vegetables. Oh, I won't say that I don't fall off the boat occasionally with a slice of pie or two but it happens very seldom. But despite lowering my calorie intake to a fraction of what it used to be, I can't seem to lose much weight. I know that much of my problem stems from a lack of activity (I spend waaaaaay too much time sitting in front of this computer. But neuropathic pain in my feet and legs caused by the diabetes is such that it's extremely painful to even wear shoes - thus, I find it hard to walk as a means of exercising).

For years I had a size 36 waist - now it's 42. I have a younger brother who's 63 years old and who wears the same size 28 levis he wore in high school. Disgusting......:teeth_smile::wink_smile::teeth_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Hello All
    I think swimming might provide an exercise option that does not require joint stress due to reduced gravity. I wonder if you could borrow a bulldozer and dig a natural pond/pool Jim?

• Since my previous post in this topic my weight's been a few pounds up and down, at the moment unfortunately up again. I had a long inactive period, where only regular physical activity was my weekly riding lesson. There will be a change of place and life soon again, and first entirely physical summer in 15 years. So, I've started exercising again, second week now doing something every day (lifting weights, swiss ball and body combat) and I already feel better. I even went running - well, jogging, slowly, but anyway I managed half an hour uninterrupted which I didn't expect.

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Jay saw me when I got out of the hospital from my surgery in Aug 08. I was pretty hefty then but now weigh in at the lowest weight iv'e been in in God knows how many years. Privatly I will give details but not publicly. One thing i've noticed it that very pretty Ladies are starting to look at certain parts of my body :-DDD

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..