Victim Of Hackers

There are 37 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 9,115 times. The latest Post () was by DukePilgrim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Howdy All,
    I've been away from the board for a while, except for a few times that I've been able to find a few minutes to jump on and read a few posts. When I went onthe other day and was welcomed by the piece of &#!% that had hacked the board, it scared the hell outta me! I thought my computer had been hacked. I'm glad that we have Kevin to save us from these punks. I'm also glad that the board is back up and running. As far as moving to another site or board or whatever is decided, if it will keep these punks from bothering us again, I'm all for it. And as for helping pay for it, I'd be more than happy to help out any way I can. This board is a lifesaver for me, and I sure don't want to lose it.

Kevin, if we do move, please let me know. Email me or something, and let me know what I need to do, okay? I'm not the brightest when it comes to computers.

As always, my best to all,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hi all,
    I so the terrible image and was greatly depressed by all that happens. Thanks to Kevin, our Board is working again.
    It would be good idea if the Board will be more secure.
    Regards,
    Vera :blink:

• Thanks to all for the offers of help.

I do believe it's time to move to another more updated forum system. The vbulletin owned license is $160 but that's a one time fee. I would prefer to go with the owned license which will allow dukewayne.com to use it indefinitely.

Originally posted by Kevin@Dec 1 2006, 08:25 PM
    I would prefer to go with the owned license which will allow dukewayne.com to use it indefinitely.

I would agree that it's better to "own" than to rent, Kevin. Send me a PM with a mailing address and I'll send you a money order.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I too am willing to send my share to move to a more secure forum. Do you have a PayPal account. It might be easier to send it that way as well. Either way let us know. Thanks Kevin.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Kevin,
    Did you ever decide what you want to do about switching over to vbulletin? Please keep us up to date on your plans/intentions so we can help defray your expenses if and when you change over.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Originally posted by SXViper@Dec 2 2006, 12:38 AM
    I too am willing to send my share to move to a more secure forum. Do you have a PayPal account. It might be easier to send it that way as well. Either way let us know. Thanks Kevin.

[snapback]37386[/snapback]

Ditto for me. I'll be glad to contribute.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi All

The best way once Kevin gets everything organised would be for him to send private message to those who have made an offer.

If he has paypal account that would be the simplest method for most members.

Best

Mike

• Thanks for your offers of support!

I'm looking to try to tackle this before the end of the year, so we can start enjoying the new system in 2007.

I do have a paypal account that can be used so members can contribute to the "New Forum Fund" but this is voluntary and there isn't and never will be any requirement to pay for any function on this site! I feel this place has to be free for all to enjoy!!

If your interested in helping out by donating to the forum software then please PM me directly.

At this time, I'm looking at getting the vBulletin (Owned License), so once we have reached the $160 mark then no further donations will be accepted..

Originally posted by ethanedwards@Dec 20 2006, 02:56 AM
    Just another 5 members,
    donating say just

$10.00 each,
    and we'd have cracked it!

[snapback]37992[/snapback]

. . . or 10 members donating just $5 each . . . it sure would be a great Christmas present to all of us (and yes, we have already made a donation :D ).

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1: