Who Loves Ya, Baby?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,991 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Has anybody on the board ever bought anything from these people? I was just wondering how reliable they are because according to the website, you can order the total series of your favorite TV shows and I would dearly love to have the complete "Kojak" series. I bought Season 1 a couple of years ago but so far, nobody has offered any continuations.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I found their site recently & did a little checking before I placed an order. Google "tvdvdplanet complaints" & you'll find that there are more than a few bad reports on them. Most allude to the quality of the dvd's & that they appear to be transfers from video tapes. One person even complained about receiving blank dvds & then, had trouble getting the company to respond to e-mails. Most of the posts were very negative in nature. I didn't take a chance on them.

• On a side note about places to order movies from. I just got a email fron Deep Discount DVD and they will be changing there name to Deep Discount after the 1st of the year. There new address will be http://www.deepdiscount.com Judt thought I would give you guys that might not get there emails a heads up. They are a great place to order DVD's from.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Google "tvdvdplanet complaints" . . . .

GREAT tip, DW! I have Googled companies before to learn a little more about them, but never thought of adding that important little word "complaints" :headbonk:. And of course, thanks for the heads up on this particular company - you have done us a great service.

I just got an email from Deep Discount DVD and they will be changing thier name to Deep Discount after the 1st of the year. Their new address will be www.deepdiscount.com. They are a great place to order DVD's from.

Thanks, Todd, for letting us know. I haven't checked email this morning, so probably have the same one, but it's good to know. I, too, have had good experiences with DDD . . . er, DD :laugh:. I know some of our members have had less than satisfying experiences, but overall I think they are pretty good.

Stumpy, good luck in finding what you're looking for.

Chester :newyear:

• Yes, I received the e-mail about the change at DeepDiscountDVD.com to DeepDiscount.com. They are adding in addition to the movies and the music, books, and video games. They are also providing free shipping to all.

Thanks DW for the heads up. I went to their site and it looked suspicious.

Robbie, yes I heard about the new Kojak series and saw that the actor playing Kojak was an African American named Ving Rhames. It debut March 23, 2005. I never seen it but from what I heard people watching it liked it surprising well, and that is from those who saw it back when it started in 1973. I don't know if it is still on or not, but it did play. I haven't seen it.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I never had a chance to watch the new Kojak series as well. It looked good but, I think I would still preferr seeing Telly Savalas as Theo. Rhames looks like a good actor, so I think he could probably make it work.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..