Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,139 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched Brown's acceptance speech last night. I found myself grinning through the whole thing, thinking it was Ted Kennedy's finest hour.
    Let's make sure Harry Reid doesn't play games and delay his swearing in.

We deal in lead, friend.

• The results of this election in Massachusetts is heartening in that there is a group of Americans in this country, who, while generally don't get involved in politics, once they see an injustice happening, jump right in there and try to make it right. Hopefully in the future they won't take so much time in jumping!

Chester :newyear:

• there is a group on Americans in this country, who, while grenerally don't get involved in politics

This is precisely the reason our country is on its' last legs.

I've decided I'm gonna send that proposed 28th amendment to certain political figures and beseech them to try to get it through Congress. After Virginia, New Jersey and now Massachusetts, maybe even the Dummicrats will see the rationale behind such a move (though I won't hold my breath).

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Im glad to see that a Republican was voted in. Its about DARNED TIME, that those folks up there wise up some and help put a stop to the ruining of our Country by stopping obama-lama-ding-ding and his cronies-in their tracks.

harry reid and pelosi both are twits to say the least.

Also, the latest word I heard about the winner being sworn in-is that the dems don't plan on standing in the way and will allow it to go through. Even john "not-a-war-hero" kerry-said that he should be confirmed and such as soon as possible. I think they are only saying that to save their butts from being roasted in the next elections--fire.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Good Idea For Gun Control

November 7th, 2009 Finally …. A Sensible Gun Registration Plan That Will Work
    Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack has read the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as well as Vermont ’s own Constitution very carefully, and
    his strict interpretation of these documents is popping some eyeballs in New England and elsewhere.
    Maslack recently proposed a bill to register “non-gun-owners” and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state. Thus Vermont would become the first state to require a permit for the luxury of going about unarmed and assess a fee of $500 for the privilege of not owning a gun
    Maslack read the “militia” phrase of the Second Amendment as not only affirming the right of the individual citizen to bear arms, but as a clear
    mandate to do so. He believes that universal gun ownership was advocated by the Framers of the Constitution as an antidote to a “monopoly of force” by the government as well as criminals
    Vermont ’s constitution states explicitly that “the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State” and those persons
    who are “conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms” shall be required to “pay such equivalent.” Clearly, says Maslack, Vermonters have a
    constitutional obligation to arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to “any situation that may arise.”
    Under the bill, adults who choose not to own a firearm would be required to register their name, address, Social Security Number, and driver’s
    license number with the state. “There is a legitimate government interest in knowing who is not prepared to defend the state should they be asked to do so,” Maslack says
    Vermont already boasts a high rate of gun ownership along with the least restrictive laws of any state .. it’s currently the only state that allows a citizen to carry a concealed firearm without a permit. This combination of plenty of guns and few laws regulating them has resulted in a crime rate that is the third lowest in the nation
    “America is at that awkward stage. It’s too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”
    This makes sense! There is no reason why gun owners should have to pay taxes to support police protection for people not wanting to own guns. Let them contribute their fair share and pay their own way.

• In response to Bill of PA about how Pat Robertson and Rush Limbaugh put their foot in their mouths. Sir I can understand how you feel. You all will recall Robertson past statements related to the attacks on 9/11. He said it was the will of God for the U.S embracing homosexuality, abortion, fornication. It is obvious that Pat Robertson has the answers as to why horrific things happen in life as result not living up to God’s high expectations for his creation.

I recently just read an online article discussing Robertson controversial remarks. Here is the link for those who are interested.

I also read some statements that have now left me somewhat conflicted. What is it God’s Wrath or the over imagination of Pat Robertson? Here are some of the statements in bold.

This is for all the scholars out there and these people that do not believe in judgment. Read the Old Testament, read how God himself slew people causing all flesh to be destroyed save Noah. You can bet there were earthquakes then too. Read how God rained plagues and destruction on Egypt and judged the nation of Israel. What you never read about how the malcontents that opposed Moses were swallowed up in the firey cracks of the earth? God has been judging people since before time began. The people suffering today are no different. The sun shines on the just and the unjust. You as a human have no right to second guess God. Pat Robertson says we should pray for the people down there. If you find that offensive then you have the problem. Gods will judge everyone including Mr. Robertson and you.

jaynickel you are a nutjob putting that link to smear Pat and just because you don't believe what he said is or could be true doesn't mean you have to smear him. What if it is true? How do you all know what he said Isn't true? Where there no floods? where innocent people not killed in past bible times? Is there not pestilence and disease? Perhaps God has a plan and you have and will never have a clue. God gave us life and he can take it away at anytime. God can also Judge at anytime. If the bible says not to homosexuality for example does that mean God is wrong and homosexuals are right when they say its natural? Of course not it demonic and they are wrong, God is always right.
    Same thing applies here. Did God not kill all the Egyptians first born sons for defying Gods will? They were innocent babies but they died because God killed them to punish their fathers. Innocents can suffer for the sins of the Sinners. Actions have consequences and the evil of men can kill and the innocent. If God did punish the Haitians for all their sins including voodoo, etc then how do you know this was not punishment like the first born being killed in Egypt or like Sodom in the bible? The point is you all don't know so unless you know perhaps you should listen to a man who is an expert Theologian and Bible Scholar who could school all of you left and right. If he speaks simple and clear it is not because he is an Idiot, but rather because you are and he is simplifying it so you could understand the complexities in a nutshell.

believe we can easily use reasoning in order to justify ourselves or our opinions and/or to unjustify others actions or stands. When we bring GOD into the formula things should change. GOD = A deity is a postulated preternatural or supernatural being, who is always of significant power, worshipped, thought holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, or respected by human beings. GOD is not who we want him to be, HE IS! Is the real question whether God brought this earthquake on the Island of Haiti or that His hand was not over it to protect it? You can not expect a Loving God which you do not: worship, obey, listen to, are ruled BY and HAVE A BLOOD COVENANT WITH, to protect you unless he is the one you BOW DOWN TO AND SERVE. Therefore the god WE serve or perceive is the god WE WILL receive. We can blame God or the Christian movement's belief in Jesus Christ,(as absolute truth), for being out of touch with the world’s view of gods and their role in human life... Then of course any argument even those with religious titles and or educational background is acceptable.... There is only one Creator GOD but many man gods... you are free to chose who you serve. Your conclusion on which one was responsible for the earthquake will depend on the evidence you give which shows which one you serve! Truth is eternal; it can not be changed by popular demands or behavioral changes. (John 3:16), Matthew 7:13 [The Narrow and Wide Gates] "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
    Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.
    Proverbs 21:2 All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart.

Opinions are only worth their eternal value; eternity will prove which opinions were based on eternal truths.

Americans - have you forgotten the media pictures of Haitians dancing and CELEBRATING our 9/11 tragedy? CELEBRATING IT FOLKS! I won't send a single dime to them.

HAVE NO GODS BEFORE ME YOU CAN ONLY SERVE ONE GOD AND THATS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, THERE ARE A LOT OF RELIGIOUS FANATICS OUT THERE BUT NOT PAT ROBERTSON HE KNOWS GOD'S WORD IF THE TRUTH HURTS MAYBE YOU NEED TO READ THE BIBLE IN 2010 , WE ALL HAVE TO TO ANSWER ONE DAY FOR OUR SINS.HAITI NEEDS LOTS OF PRAYERS GOD NEVER TURNS HIS BACK ON HIS PEOPLE, HE'S A FAITHFUL AND JUST GOD.

HOW DID GOD PUNISH THE UNGODLY? DID HE SEPARATE THE YOUNG AND THE OLD, THE SICK AND THE HEALTHY, THE RICH AND THE POOR? WHEN HE BROUGHT DEATH, SICKNESS AND HUNGER TO A CERTAIN NATION, EVERYONE SUFFERED. LOOK AT THE POOR THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES TODAY. ARE THEY IN GOD'S SIDE? DO THEY WORSHIP THE RIGHT GOD? WIDE IS THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION, BUT NARROW IS THE WAY TO SALVATION. READ YOUR BIBLE AND KNOW YOUR HISTORY, FOR IT WILL REPEAT ITSELF. JUST DO ONE THING SIMPLE EACH DAY, PRAY....
    Pat through 700 Club, CBN and Operation Blessing has given more money, more food, more clothes than probably the top ten organizations combined. Too bad you don't investigate before you speak!

• Wonder if you heard of this man. Looks like he may be running for the presidency in 2012. Looks impressive to me. What do you think?

Might be some hope for major sweeps in the next couple of years.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Far a im concerned, that new Calif law is just another money-making scheme for the State Govt. Heck, we all ought to just hand the Bas____s over our bank account numbers and let them take out as much as they want from it-its coming to that.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The only improvement would be to send half of Congress --- on a one way trip.

The only improvement to your suggestion would be to send all of Congress (with not more than 6 or 8 exceptions) and POTUS, plus all his flunkies, on a one-way trip.

• No sense polluting space was all that trash. Leave a few here to spew their idiocy in public for our own amusement. However, a POTUS in orbit is a wonderful thing to contemplate.

We deal in lead, friend.

• IMO, this columnist nails it.

Much as it pains me to admit it, the Dummicrats are far more knowledgeable and proficient at playing the political game than are the Republicans. The modern GOP hates confrontation and rocking the boat, and that's why so many people like me have deserted them. I know that I often seem obsessed with politics (and I am) but the fact of the matter is, politics and politicians affect everything in this country and I naturally want those effects to benefit me and mine, rather than harming us.

I grew up a conservative, believing in maximum personal freedom, nationalism, capitalism and the merit system. I don't want government running my life because I feel fully capable of making my own decisions. The Democrats are the opposite as they think government is the best thing since sliced bread. When I served in the military, we had a saying "Everything the government touches turns to sh-t" - I still believe that, even in my old age. :thumbs_up: