Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,700 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• You know this country is in a sad way when this has to be reported as a serious news story.

P.S. - I must say I agree completely with the last paragraph of the article. :wink_smile: :wink_smile: :wink_smile:

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• I must say I agree completely with the last paragraph of the article. :wink_smile: :wink_smile: :wink_smile:

Amen, Brother Green - and I ain't winkin'.

By and large, Hollywood sucks. I guess we can be grateful it wasn't always this way. Which is why we have thousands of good decent movies to keep us entertained. Especially those of our Main Man.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• It just goes to show what PC is really all about...you will think, do, and SAY as you're TOLD to do, or you'll be held up to public ridicule....by a bunch of idiots.

Borgnine has earned the right, by being a human, to say whatever he feels, and whomever disagrees with him can take an extra long walk off the Santa Monica Pier!!

I'm REALLY tired of all the heterophobes in the world that insist that they should be entitled to more rights than everyone else, and that everything be changed for them.

Grow up. You're a minority, and you aren't entitled to anything more than anyone else in the world. You shouldn't be treated like scum, but you shouldn't be placed on a throne, either.

Contrary to what your mommy might have told you, the world does NOT revovle around you and you alone!

• Yes, apparently the original LA Times article ripped Tony Curtis as well for expressing similar sentiments about Broke-back. But, do you think any of this will matter or even be remembered whenever Sean Penn or some other leftist loon is up for a SAG award? Of course not. To liberals, "tolerance" and "equality" are one-way streets. Disgusting.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• I heard about this earlier in the week from a friend over on the WW2f forums. I HOPE Borgnine sticks to his guns on this?

This new hollywood, sucks prune pits; period.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I'm REALLY tired of all the heterophobes in the world that insist that they should be entitled to more rights than everyone else, and that everything be changed for them.

Grow up. You're a minority, and you aren't entitled to anything more than anyone else in the world. You shouldn't be treated like scum, but you shouldn't be placed on a throne, either.

Contrary to what your mommy might have told you, the world does NOT revovle around you and you alone!

Very well said and I couldn't agree more. And it's not only the high and mighty in Hollywood who have an overly inflated opinion of themselves - the political class, "journalists", academicians and far too many members of the judiciary consider themselves better than the rest of us.

I've been saying for years that we need another revolution to restore our republic to the Founder's intent.

• Wish there was a conservative actor with the power of Duke in these current days to tell pc mob to GO TO HELL! It is the insidious drip effect that these fascists are being allowed to curtail free speech unless you chant the same lies they broadcast.

• Two things. First, I like that word you used Tennessee, "Heterophobe". You can bet that I will be using that word! I get tired of being called homophobe just because I disagree with the homosexual lifestyle. Second, I find it very interesting that in all the years of the Motion Picture Alliance which John Wayne was a member and president, the hue and cry from Hollywood was that the MPA was full of reactionary paranoids. That there was no red threat, and as a result, far too many people simply wrote the MPA off over the years. Well, we all know that at least these days, there really isn't too much of a difference between the "Reds" of back then and the "Libs" of today. They are essentially one and the same. After reading this story about their attack on Mr. Borgnine, I see that the same threat the MPA fought against in Hollywood is still there, still active, and still just as subversive and dangerous as it was back then, if not more.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• According to everything I've been reading, all those idiots who voted for Obama and his Dem enablers in 2008 (except the blacks, naturally), are deserting them. Things are looking pretty good for the right wing right now. Thank God!

• There has to be a change or disaster will be permanent. November elections are that important! If you like what you've seen the past 18-19 months don't vote. If you want our country back, the one that your fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, and so on enjoyed in their lives, then go out, know who you want that wants that, and vote for them on November 2, 2010. Your life may depend on it.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• No Respect for those who mean a lot to the industry. This is an old story, but somehow want to demonize a legend. I happen to like Mr. Borgnine, and respect his acting. He happen to be good friends with Duke and I know he speaks for him when he made the comment. I am surprise that the LA Times didn't rip Duke for that movie and he's been dead for 30 years.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote