Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 830,918 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Have to agree with Todd.

If these parents checked out their kids video games cable channels or saw what ads they watch on TV they might have more to worry about!

How come there are so many assholes in the world?

Mike

• How come there are so many assholes in the world?

I think it's contagious, Mike.

I'll bet the men and women in the Armed Forces often wish they could pick and choose the people they wish to defend. I know I've often felt that my 25 years in the military were absolutely wasted helping defend so many jerks who didn't deserve it. Like those in this news story, for instance.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Shameful. These people are worried about a statue of a soldier doing his duty defending them and us while holding his service riffle scaring their children - when they really need to be worried about little Johnny's friend with the bookbag and his dad's stolen gun getting ready to shoot the teacher. :cry2:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• I could not watch FOX NEWS CHANNEL or listen to RUSH and SHAWN for WEEKS after the election I was so MAD. I saw those towers go down (I worked just across the bay) we can not BLOW OUR THIRD WAR IN A ROW. I have tride to stay away from the Jewish/Israel issue here but trust me Arabs understand two things Strenth and Weekness WE CAN NOT LOOK WEEK. The once proud Dems lost the last of their Nads after '72

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS VOTE DEMOCRATE

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

• You said the "D" word... shameful. Wash your mouth out with soap. What are the parents going to think when they see The Duke's statue with a handgun in his hand? Just a bunch of idiots that make a big deal about a Navy SEAL statue.

• Zack, You need to be careful when painting with a broad brush. Most Arabs are not terrorists just as most Israelis are not concerned about the welfare of Palestinian Christians.

I won't go into a big discussion on this but Israel is using us just as assuredly as China is using us. We're friends/allies/business partners of both only in so much as it is to their benefit.

If you doubt me, do a little research and find out which country has spied the most on the US in the last 20 years.

As I've said before, we need to return to the wisdom of our founding fathers and be bound by what the Constitution really says.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• If you really have watched the news over the last 6 months and noticed something that no one has yet to comment on... the return of Russia to communism. It's becoming very clear Putin is more of a hard-liner than people thought. Things that are being done and said point only one way... back to communism. When that happens, the whole world is in for a shake up. China, North Korea, and Iran and all three problems areas. I can see us back in North Korea only because the ugly looking pajama wearing idiot wants war again with us.

China and their favored nation status has screwed us from the day we gave it to them. And Israel uses us like toilet paper. My personal opinion, let France take back their statue and close our country to outsiders. I just have a funny feeling something is coming and we're not going to like what happens.

• If you really have watched the news over the last 6 months and noticed something that no one has yet to comment on... the return of Russia to communism. It's becoming very clear Putin is more of a hard-liner than people thought. Things that are being done and said point only one way... back to communism. When that happens, the whole world is in for a shake up. China, North Korea, and Iran and all three problems areas. I can see us back in North Korea only because the ugly looking pajama wearing idiot wants war again with us.

China and their favored nation status has screwed us from the day we gave it to them. And Israel uses us like toilet paper. My personal opinion, let France take back their statue and close our country to outsiders. I just have a funny feeling something is coming and we're not going to like what happens.

Guess what, Surfer? I agree with you on all counts.

I never have trusted the Russians, even after the breakup of the old Soviet Union. Same for the Chinese. You're also right about Israel. I've thought for a long time that almost all our problems in the Middle East spring from our slavish devotion to Israel. We definitely need to develop an alternative energy source so we can tell the Arabs where to stick their oil.

• Yup!

My dad used to have to deal with both the Russians and the Chinese. People who openly take bribes over the table as a standard matter of course in conducting business are to be trusted not at all.

The corruption sickened him so that he finally convinced his company to just pull out rather than try to honestly conduct business with open thieves.

Isn't it ironic that China has one of the most dynamic economies of our time, yet they still choose not to enforce international copyright laws for software, music, etc.? But you better not have more than one baby over there or you're dead where ya stand.

We better realize we're getting stretched thin. If/when something breaks loose in Korea, Iran, fill in the blank. We won't have enough collective will or treasure to bring anything to the party.

The sooner we realize that and tend to our own geniune national interests the better. Israel and Arab oil be hanged.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Isn't it ironic that China has one of the most dynamic economies of our time, yet they still choose not to enforce international copyright laws for software, music, etc.? But you better not have more than one baby over there or you're dead where ya stand.

I read a day or so ago that within the next 3-5 years, China is expected to replace the U.S. as the world's richest and most vibrant market economy. Which is hugely ironic, considering they're supposedly a communist country.

I've always felt that the true measure of a country's power is determined by their economic health since everything else, such as military strength, etc, is contingent upon economic health. If China becomes the world's richest country, they'll probably become the world's strongest military power also. Which could spell big trouble for our place in the world's hierarchy. Although I must admit that historically, China has never been an aggressive military power. And, as an isolationist, it wouldn't bother me a bit to see China take our place as the world's defender and policeman. Just as long as they didn't decide to use military strength for aggression.

We better realize we're getting stretched thin. If/when something breaks loose in Korea, Iran, fill in the blank. We won't have enough collective will or treasure to bring anything to the party.

The sooner we realize that and tend to our own geniune national interests the better. Israel and Arab oil be hanged.

Amen to both paragraphs, brother.

• We have alternative energy sources and we have some of our own oil fields that are un-tapped we just have to get the damn environmentalists to back off and let us tap into the Alaskan Oil Fields. Another would be natural gas, we have some of the richest natural gas fields. I've driven both propane and natural gas powered vehicles. They work great... we would have to go back to the day of gas station attendants since it's dangerous to pump but it would create jobs that way and I learned how to connect and pump natural gas and it's not that hard.

We definitely need to get away from Arab oil since China is growing 10 fold using a lot of oil these days. I think the main thing Americans need to do is stay vigilant. Something is coming, and I hate to think where we will get hit next.

• we just have to get the damn environmentalists to back off and let us tap into the Alaskan Oil Fields.

Good luck!

Environmentalists and liberals go hand in hand and guess who runs Congress these days - sure ain't the conservatives.

I completely agree with you Dakota.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Here is a email that was sent to me. Purely hypothetical but it makes alot of sense:

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY U.S. PRESIDENT,
    DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans:
    As you may know, the defeat of the Iraq regime has been completes. Now,
    since Congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our
    mission in Iraq is complete. This morning I gave the order for a complete
    removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action should be complete
    within thirty days.
    It is now time to begin the reconing.
    Before me I have two lists. One list contains the names f countries which
    have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short.
    The United Kingdom , Spain , Bulgaria , Australia , and Poland are some of
    the countries listed there.
    The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the
    world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing
    copies of both lists later this evening.
    Starting immediatley, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases
    indefinatley. The money saved during the first year alone will pay for the
    costs of the Iraqi war.
    The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world
    Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France .

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money
    toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home.

On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will
    hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France , or maybe China .

I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France ,
    Germany , and Russia .
    Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon
    chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN
    diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking
    tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and
    crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps
    have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or
    watch your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of
    the finest chop shops in the world.
    I love New York .

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2 Since we are likely
    to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not
    pissing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government
    need an attitude adjustment. I will have a few extra tank and infantry
    divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put 'em? Yep, border
    security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty -
    starting now. We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be
    drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care of this country's oil
    needs for decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this
    decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there. They
    care.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens.
    Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "darn
    tootin." Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life
    around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about
    everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America . It is
    time to eliminate homelessness in America .

To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you and we
    won't forget.
    To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to
    speak Arabic. God bless America . Thank you and good night.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I 2nd the motion. I would add that every treaty, agreement and pact not associated with members of a race still residing in the US (mainly the Indians) be canceled, shredded and burned. No more favored nation anything. We the people of the US are here to finally take care of our own. All you others... see France, they built the damn statue. I say we ship it back and stick in Nice' harbor.

• Nice dream boys but I have more chance of getting the winning lotto numbers for the next 52 weeks in a row.

Anyway here's an addendum to your list.

Tony Blair goes on national television announces to the world that he and his cronies are ALL crooks who and he had no political convictions at all for anything other than the pursuit of personal power and money

That he is thrown in a real jail for life with no remission or visits doing real time like the old Devil's Island shown in Papillon.

That the Labour Party finally comes clean and calls itself the Communist Party
    and that its true aim is the destruction of democracy and the establsihment of a dictatorship.

That we could have real political choice with politicians that have convictions (beliefs not prison time) who serve the people not themselves.

That we have a education system that creates learning

That we have a health service that works.

That we have a law & order and justice system that punishes criminals and helps victims.

That we build a big prison on an island for all our undesirables (the one that they did the chemical weapons tests on in the 1950's sounds ideal).

That big business monopolies are broken up and consumers have real choices

That no one however rich they are can break the law without facing the consequences.

That we forget we ever heard of global warming because even if it exists there will be damn all we can do about it.

That we push our money towards development of nuclear fusion and remove our dependancy on all fossil fuels.

This will leave Alaska and Canada alone because lets face it we wouldnt have any decent comedians without them and I like trees they never hurt me so I leave them alone.

Mike

• I especially agree with this. Diplomatic immunity has allow a lot of foreign crooks get away with all sorts of unlawful activities without having to have any responsibility for them!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• IMO, the most worthwhile action those Washington clowns could take would be to eject the United Nations from U.S. soil. Outside of Congress itself, I don't think there's a more worthless organization in the entire world.

• Hi

The worth of the United nations was seen recently when 15 of our sailors and marines were captured inside Iraq waters and held by Iran. The condemnation on the insistance of China and Russia was watered down to practically something meaningless and worthless.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• The condemnation on the insistance of China and Russia was watered down to practically something meaningless and worthless.

Contrary to the wishes of many pie-in-the-sky airheads, Russia and China are no friends of freedom-loving people in this world. Consequently, you can pretty well count on them siding with outlaw regimes like Iran, Syria, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, et al. In fact, in too many instances, countries like formerly-great but now inconsequential France will side with the enemies of freedom too. Just out of pure wrong-headedness.