Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 833,759 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• My wife really hates having to see all the food packages and about everything that sells nowadays is in both English and Spanish. I thought we lived in America... move here, learn and speak our language. I get really mad calling some customer support and I can't even understand the person on the other side of the line. I don't care if people can speak more than one language, I can speak 5 but the main one should be English.

• It bugs me that we have to have all these ads on billboards, in magazines & newspapers and on TV here in Texas that are done in Spanish! Application forms and other important documents have to be in both English and Spanish.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

I agree with you. And to get a taste of this, just go to any of your local wal marts. I almost feel like they are trying to brainwash me when I go in the store.:ohmy: :yeaahh: :stunned:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Not to change the subject, but did anyone see the debates this week? I don't know about you, but if this is our choice for our commander and chief in 2009, we are in trouble. Not very impressed on who's running in both parties.

We need someone who will take the position and kick butt once and for all. And then go in and win this war by blowing those idiots away over seas. Do we have anyone that will take charge and do it? Who do you like?

I'm thinking about it, and no dead people folks. The only resurrection I know that happened was Jesus Christ and no one else have since then, so John Wayne and Ronald Reagan are not possible.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Who do you like?

None of the above.

I don't know about y'all but this is one individual who will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils. I've been doing that for about 15 years now and I've had it with that course of action. I say to hell with all politicians.

Except for Tom Coburn (who's not running) there's not a single politician I'm aware of that I'd vote for as president. I'd like to see the American people march en masse to Washington DC and string every one of those [expletive deleteds] up to a lamppost. The Founders must be turning in their graves to see what their creation has become.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• None of the above.

I don't know about y'all but this is one individual who will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils. I've been doing that for about 15 years now and I've had it with that course of action. I say to hell with all politicians.

Funny how the older one gets, the less one believes in politicians and all their blather. The ones that truly think like the people in this country are at the other end of the opinion poll of the super rich and the media moguls. Consequently, they'll never get any promotion and will be continually slammed by the media. If that's the case, why would they even bother to run, to spend big bucks to be subjected to such treatment? If by chance we were ever able to bring a good candidate to the top, he had better be standing in a bullet-proof box 24/7 as the other side have ways to defeat outside of the ballot box as well.

Chester :newyear:

• The saddest part of the way our Country is right now is that we have allowed it to be that way. We allow our politicians to do the things they do, sure we bitch about it to our friends and on message boards but when it comes to taking real action, most are just to busy. I am just as guilty as the next guy, but just think if we took the time that we spend here and wrote an editorial and sent it to the newspaper, T.V. and radio stations. Spent time sending letters to our elected officials and making trips to see them, things would change.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• I know how you feel Jim our lot are no better.

One resembles a baby's bottom and talks about as much sense the other is a lying dirty little thief who should be thrown in jail with his wife and commie cronies.

Mind you there is hope. Look at Ian Paisley since he got the implant or was cloned he is like Huggy Bear now Loves Everybody!!!

A case of Never Never Never to I Love You All!!!

Mike

• Stumpy, you should run. :beer: You don't take bull and don't care what anybody says. I think you would shoot them and get the job done. :glare: And I'd hate to see you in front of Ted Kennedy. He'd be, well, I don't want to say. :stunned: I know you can't even stand his smell or even be in the same room with him. :ohmy: Duke would be laughing his head off at what you would do to some of those idiots in Washington. :teeth_smile:

You'd get my vote!

Cheers :cool:

:thumbs_up: Stumpy for President!!!! All the way in 2008 :thumbs_up:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• just think if we took the time that we spend here and wrote an editorial and sent it to the newspaper, T.V. and radio stations. Spent time sending letters to our elected officials and making trips to see them, things would change.

Nope, things wouldn't change.

From 1960 until 1990, I voted in every single election, wrote innumerable letters to presidents, members of Congress and various other elected officials, newspaper editors, educators, business leaders and other "opinion shapers"; sent money to politicians I liked; knocked on doors and tried in all ways to ensure that candidates who were honest, principled, and careful with the taxpayers' money were elected. Since 1990, I've voted in a few elections where I thought it counted, sent money to a few, and occasionally wrote to those I supported. In other words, I did all those things they used to teach in civics classes.

As you know, things have only gone downhill in the past 10 or 15 years. I'm so disgusted with the entire rotten process that I've decided to wash my hands and withdraw from any further participation in politics.

Thank goodness I don't have all that many more years to watch the country I used to love go further to hell. My only regret is to know that my offspring are inheriting an extremely perverted version of the country our forefathers envisioned.

• The last decent president we had was Ronnie... he did more for the military and our pay then any President has before or after him. Military has no benefits anymore, no family medical, no dental, it's gotten worse since I got out. No matter who is elected things never change. The only thing I will say is get ready for a depression if they elect a Democrat with a Democrat House/Senate. Things will go to hell real fast. Higher taxes, our military will go to pot, Mexico could invade us if that happens. More than they are now that is. I'd vote for Fred for President with Rudy as Vice-P.

• Stumpy, you should run.

I'd never make it in politics. Politicians must do too much compromising and I'm sure you've recognized that I'm not much of a compromiser. :wink_smile:

As for Kennedy, I'd like to put a size 12 boot up his backside. Just before I string him up, that is.

• Ted, definitely... Jack (JFK) and Bobby were good. Bobby would have made a god President, at least better than Johnson.

I haven't liked any of the Kennedys. Wouldn't bother me in the least to see all of them meet an early end, especially the surviving brother. (Notice that I didn't include a smiley face)

In fact, I'll admit that sentiment extends to just about anyone who calls themselves a Dummicrat.

• Hondo,
    We need more Republicans like [url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,279352,00.html] this [/url] guy from your state. :wink_smile:

Wish some of those in DC had his spirit.

• Dont be too sure Jim

The met Schwarznegger once in 1975 in Belfast. You dont miss him he is like a small building that moves.

It is hard to comprehend that the same guy who could barely speak a word in English would be a major movie star and then Governor of California within 25 odd years of that meeting.

The one thing about the guy is that he has presence and some sort of inner strengh and one hell of a load of ambition. He didnt marry into the Kennedy's just to be a bridesmaid.

Apart from the constitution element I would rate his chances better than Reagan.

Mike