Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,494 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• True words Ringo a lot of problems today were hatched on that Presidential watch and the sad thing is that Clinton the sequel is likely to elected in 2008.

Mike

Hi Mike, and my stomach is aching at the prospect of that becoming a possibility.

OK, a certain famed frizzy-haired German Scientist (whose name I shant need to post) proved that time travel is possible. My question is, is where do I go in order to help out with that program and become "one-who-travels-into-the-past?" But only if the sequel, gets re-er, I mean, gets elected. I think i'd go back to about 1894 if time travel was now possible. :martini_shaken:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• It's a scary thought that pelosi is third in command. :glare: Glad to see that Chertoff is the last on that list. :shades_smile:

• But it should by no means be considered enough to do a constitutional amendment to allow them to become President.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I just find it interesting that there are many natural born American adults who would likely fail the citizenship exam (possible exam questions). Granted, many of the questions should be able to be answered by a six year old, but I have often been surprised at what some folks don't know (surely you've seen Leno or Letterman going out on the street and asking "citizenship" type questions and displaying how ignorant people can be - more people can name all members of the Simpson family than can name some of our nation's top officials :glare: ).

Thanks for the links! Some very interesting reading!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• If anything ever happens, someone needs to drop Pelosi down the elevator shaft. And hope Cheney is taking his meds. Or maybe by then Fred Thompson will be the President.

• Never mind the poor immigrants its getting to the point unless your surname is Bush or Clinton you wont be President.

So far George Senior 1988 :glare: Bill 1992 &1996 :stunned: George Jr 2000 & 2004 :ohmy: Hilary 2008 & 2012:cry2: Jeb 2016 & 2020 :stunned: Chelsea 2024 & 2028 :ohmy:

You guys are a Republic not a Monarchy:wink_smile: or is that a rumour.

Bring on the Austrian Oak!!!

Mike

• Mike,
    You mean that We that are Going To Have "QUEEN HILARY THE FIRST ???"
    :evilgrin:

I guess I will just have to Move Further Back in the Hills over at The 26 Bar Ranch and set up Shop at Duke's Old S.O.B. Line-Shack up in the High Country and with 500,000 Ac. it is Larger Than Some Countrys in Europe?
    :punk:

How Does "KING CHILIBILL THE FIRST" Sound ?
    :hyper:

Bill
    :cowboy:

• King William of Arizona has a nice ring about it. There is always hope that some deep dark secret will allow Hilary to be toppled before November 2008.

I honestly thought that she was unelectable but there are so little signs of life from any of the other contenders "Democrats and Republicans" that it is looking likely that Clinton II The Mean, The Mad, The Mother :ohmy: is coming to a White House near you next Fall.

Mike

• Wow, I post a touching little proclamation regarding our beloved Duke, from California's governator, and the place goes wild with political prognostication and possible violence against public officials :ohmy:!

The Mrs. participated in a recent phone poll by Zogby, and when asked for whom she would vote, given Hilary and any other candidate, she told the pollster she would vote for ANYone else before she would vote for Ms. Clinton!

Hilary :devil: for prez - SCARY thought :fear2:!!

Chester :newyear:

• Hi Chester

Great photo of Hilary without her mask:devil:

Look on the bright side she can only serve two terms. Eight years will pass quickly.

Nice constitutional amendment by Harry Truman the man had great foresight.

Mike

• I would like to see a Thompson/Giuliani ticket. But something like Clinton/Obama, you might as well go out and shoot yourselves now.

After today's market some people might just go out and actually do that. Something better happen fast or people are going to panic. The bottom is falling out of the market. We need some strong leadership to put the pieces back together. People that took these variable interest rate mortgages should have their head examined. I re-financed during the big drop and got a 15 year 6% fixed rate. He mentioned variable and I told him where to put it.

• I like Fred Thompson as well. He has class and would definately be what the White House needs. Im not much of a Guiliani person and favor Tom Tancredo as Vice-Prez. However, i'd take Guiliani over anyone the Dems have running - anytime. I think he should cut-his-teeth, as maybe the head of the Dept of Homeland Security, or soemthing like that. Chertoff needs to go. pelisi needs to go. If that happened, we'd be on the right track now. :wink_smile:

• they are priming us for an election later this year, the two runners are little johnny howard and kevin rudd. at the moment little johnny howard is polling lower then rudd as most perfered prime minister, looks like he could also loose his seat in his electorite. makes you wonder how bush will cope if we change leaders, as rudd has said that he wants our troops home and out of iraq.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Okay we have had Meryl Streep last week ( well she was okay) now Tim Robbins is making some movie here but this is the limit!!!!

Can you not take this woman's passport away!!! Never mind ghosts we have a live banshee!!!:cry2:

Remember US citizens no funny business like closing your borders when she's out and declaring war she is coming back to you even if we have to pay federal express.

Clinton planning Irish fundraiser :ohmy:

Bill and Hillary Clinton may fundraise in Ireland

He first came to help bring peace to Northern Ireland, but the next time Bill Clinton visits Ireland will be to fill a £249m election war chest.
    His wife, Hillary, is aiming to become the first woman US president.
    The Republican and Democrat parties are expected to choose their presidential candidates in early 2008, before the election in November.
    The Clinton campaign aims to hold a fundraiser targeting Democrat supporters living in Ireland.
    Irish-born publisher Niall O'Dowd, who is on the finance committee of the Clinton campaign team, believes Hillary has a lot of support among ex-pats in Ireland.
    "I know there is a plan by the Clinton campaign to hold a fundraiser in Ireland for American citizens and green card holders," he said.

Obama
    "There is a view that raising money abroad is actually an option now because there is such intense pressure to raise money within the US for all the political parties.
    "A fundraiser in Ireland could actually work very well for Hillary Clinton because there is a tremendous amount of support among ex-pat Americans here for her."
    The Clinton campaign team is currently raising money at the rate of £6m a month.
    It is not clear if fellow Democratic Party candidate Barack Obama, who has ancestral links to Monegall, County Tipperary, aims to fundraise in Ireland.
    "It has become a game of money raising, not really politics and that is the sad thing about what is happening in American politics," Mr O'Dowd told RTE Radio.
    "Constant, constant fundraising is taking over the message of what is happening in healthcare, in Iraq.
    "The obsession within the campaigns is 'get the money in the bank'." The former US president made several high-profile interventions in the Northern Ireland peace talks. Last year he attended the Ryder Cup tournament in County Kildare and also spoke at a "leadership seminar" in Dublin's Burlington Hotel costing £675 a head.

• But Mike, didn't you hear the news about them both? They both bought a delux duplex condo in Belfast. This is where both of them plan on spending at least, 9 months of the year. :teeth_smile:

• Belfast Tennessee Good on them!! Country music, Blues Elvis even Bill with get to play his Sax somewhere.

Couldnt be happier for them. No chance they are also buying property in Texas

Mike

• Belfast Tennessee Good on them!! Country music, Blues Elvis even Bill with get to play his Sax somewhere.

Couldnt be happier for them. No chance they are also buying property in Texas

Mike

Just ribbing you :wink_smile: My God, I HOPE not? :teeth_smile: Texas has enough troubles of its own at the moment.:ohmy:

• How in the world is it even legal to be able to go overseas to raise money that is to be spent in deciding a US election????

That's the Dem's "Campaign Finance Reform" in action, folks. :headbonk: :angry: :headbonk::thumbs_down::headbonk:

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!