Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,381 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Oooh how I love this thread. So nice to have so many people think in the same stratosphere that I do.

Glad to hear other folks have the same contempt for politicians (especially those of the liberal persuasion) that I do, Bo. I'm even further to the right than our dearly departed Duke was. :wink_smile:

Ain't our new Speaker a hoot?

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Yes I think she is hot too.:teeth_smile:

That was with TWO "O"s, PV.

So unless your remark was meant to convey a suggestion that Pelosi comes from a certain nether region (which is rumored to be rather warm), I can't agree. :no2:

• Hi Popol

I agree she's gorgeous but I still think Hillary is better looking!:twitchsmile:

Jim

Tony Blairs position is now unattenable he has been questioned by police but then again so has Gordon Brown (the future primeminister). A close aid of Tony Blairs has been arrested for the supply of misleadning information and still the conservatives do nothing.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Jim

To be fair Cameron the supposed leader of the conservative party is considering the use of gel in his hair to improve on his sexual pulling power which he believes will enable him to attain the necessary votes to become future primeminister.

Regards
    Robbie

• You know, I never agreed with Tony Benn and his politics but the only one in that cabinet who even gives the impression he might actually believe what he says is Hilary Benn his son who is favourite to become Deputy Prime Minister. When goofy Gordon finally takes the poisoned chalice of leadership from Blair's hand I think he will wish he took that job as head of IMF!!

All the rest of them are to busy lining their pockets or dropping their trousers to actually govern the country properly.

The conservatives are just a sad husk of a party and dont be surpised if the Independance Party or BNP manage to take seats at the next election.

Mike

• Mike

I agree with much of what you said.

I can honestly see the turnout being down again due to lack of choice and voter disillusionment with mainstream politics. I can't however see the BNP being elected to westminster in the capacity of 'MP' I do think they will poach a few extras votes and possibly some council seats.

Who in their right mind is going to vote for David Cameron who's policies are 'Soft of Crime' and 'Hug a hoody', I wish I was making these policies up. He refuses to have a policy for fear of offending/upsetting anyone and loosing potential voters. Politicians like Cameron are bad for democracy and bad for the UK as a whole.

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Robbie

I dont know they are a pretty repulsive lot but like the nazi they offer simple solutions and if there was a serious terrorist attack or major economic downturn those are the sort of parties that will gain because of the weakness of the other political parties.

Mike

• To be fair Cameron the supposed leader of the conservative party is considering the use of gel in his hair to improve on his sexual pulling power which he believes will enable him to attain the necessary votes to become future primeminister.

That sounds exactly like something a contemporary politician would pull. Little wonder most ordinary citizens don't take them seriously. To me, politicians rank just below lawyers (barristers), their progenitors.

• I can honestly see the turnout being down again due to lack of choice and voter disillusionment with mainstream politics.

Thirty or forty years ago I was one of the most politically-engaged people you'd ever want to meet. I wrote hundreds of letters to presidents, members of Congress, newspaper editors, educators, business leaders and other opinion shapers in this country. I voted religiously in every single election from 1960 through 1990. I sent money to various politicians. Finally, I came to the conclusion that my efforts were a waste of time and that, with few exceptions, I was just voting for the lesser of two evils. Well, this is one person who will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils. To hell with all of 'em, says I.

• I hope people are joking when they say Pelosi is hot. If she gets too close to a source of heat, her botox with break down and you might be seeing someone totally different. That woman is a political machine. I would wonder if she related to the tin man.
    Bo

• "Well, this is one person who will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils. To hell with all of 'em, says I."

Jim, I wish circumstances were such that I could buy you a beer! Hell, I'd even buy ya 2. Those are some of the wisest words I've read in a while.

And bopoppa, I wouldn't say Pelosi is hot now, but she could well be in the here after if you get my drift.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Yeah Chester, I thing the virtual pub is the next true technology hurdle to leap. If we could breach that gap, oh my wouldn't life be grand!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Looks like most of us are voting for "the lesser of two evils" which is what I have been doing since the end of the Reagan Era.

Are there no politicians out there who are worth more than a flying doughnut anymore?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..