Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,477 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• See what I mean by political ignorance
    and how "democracy" contributes to it. Probably a good 65 or 70 percent of the people who vote in this country have no business doing so, because all they do is foul things up for the remainder of Americans.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• stumpy

if you want to have some fun go to www.miniclip.com and play the paintball game you get to pick a side and shoot the others with paintballs earn points and if they are good enough you get onto the high scores list.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• stumpy

if you want to have some fun go to www.miniclip.com and play the paintball game you get to pick a side and shoot the others with paintballs earn points and if they are good enough you get onto the high scores list.

cheers smokey

With the pack of losers we've got running, smokey, I druther use something a little more lethal than paintball cartridges.

• I predict that whichever of the two leading Democrats (Clinton or Obama) wins the nomination will pick the other as their running mate, setting up a combation that will be almost impossible for any of the current Republican candidates to defeat, i.e., a woman and a black. So we conservatives might as well reconcile ourselves to at least four years of a left-wing government. Wonder if the country will survive.

• I hope you're wrong Stumpy. I really do. I don't think they'll be each other's running mates #1, and I don't think they would survive the general election #2. I hope the American people can see how serious it is in this country and the lip service those two are producing could result in mass killings throughout the world.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• It is starting to look like Clinton v McCain this November. For some strange reason I can't believe Hilary will be elected President. Maybe, I am being optimistic but who ever wins is going to inherit one big economic mess.

Mike

• The thing is that all these candidates tell us they are going to do this or that, but have no reality of what situations will be found on entering the oval office.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I hope you're wrong Stumpy. I really do. I don't think they'll be each other's running mates #1, and I don't think they would survive the general election #2.

I hope I'm wrong too, Mike, but I've made my prediction and I stand by it.

• It is starting to look like Clinton v McCain this November.

Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber

who ever wins is going to inherit one big economic mess.

One big mess period, Mike. IMO, Bush has been a total disaster as a "Republican" president. With Republicans like this, who the hell needs Democrats? I'm serious as a heart attack when I express pessimism about the long-term survival of this country.

• I have went off politics at the moment due to the fact that my current Prime Minister spouts off about how great it is to live in a free and democratic country, fine words one would think, until its realised that this is the first British Prime Minster never to be elected to the position.

He did consider the idea of holding an election when Tony Blair stepped down, however when he realised that he could end up with a reduced mandate or worse still lose the election he decided it was best not to call an election.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• To be honest Brown is on borrowed time his last couple of years will be like the last Labour government of Callaghan in the 1970's strikes over pay, rampant inflation and a major economic dowturn and recession.

In terms of US I think Mc Cain could be the winner over Clinton but check out the VP spot as if could prove crucial.

Mike

• In terms of US I think Mc Cain could be the winner over Clinton but check out the VP spot as if could prove crucial.

I don't know how closely you follow US politics, Mike, but you should know that there are countless [former] Republicans like me who'll never, ever vote for a candidate like John McCain. He has betrayed conservatives in so many ways that millions of us will go fishing on election day rather than vote for the man. And if that means Hillary becomes president, so be it. I figure after four years of the witch's governance, the country will come to its' senses and throw her and all her minions out.

• Hi Jim

I wasnt singing Mc Cain's praises. He just is the lesser of two evils. The thought of four years of Hillary is pretty daunting:vomit: but on the bright side she is being handed a poisoned chalice.

Mike

• Hi Jim

I wasnt singing Mc Cain's praises. He just is the lesser of two evils. The thought of four years of Hillary is pretty daunting:vomit: but on the bright side she is being handed a poisoned chalice.

Mike

I hope she wins the nomination, makes it easier for the republicans to win. As far as McCain goes I am not high on him either. I like Huckabee better or even Fred Thompson(has no chance though). But then again I am not to high on any candidate from any party at the moment.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I see Slick Ollie is up to his old tricks. He is like a one man film industry on Presidents and Vietnam.

Stone to make President Bush film

Stone has already directed three films based on the Vietnam War

Director Oliver Stone's next film will be about US President George W Bush, he has told Daily Variety.
    Stone, 61, said he wanted to make "a fair, true portrait" of the president that would contain surprises for "Bush supporters and his detractors".
    He said he was in talks with No Country For Old Men star Josh Brolin to play President Bush.
    Stone has previously made films about former presidents John F Kennedy and Richard Nixon.
    Stone said he was currently securing financial backers for the film but hoped production would begin in April.
    How did Bush go from an alcoholic bum to the most powerful figure in the world?

Oliver Stone

He said the script, written by Stanley Weiser - his co-writer for the 1987 Wall Street film - had been completed before the start of the ongoing US writers' strike in November.
    In the past, Stone has been critical of Mr Bush's "overreaction" to the 9/11 attacks, saying the president had "set the country back 10 years".
    But speaking to Daily Variety, he said he would not give a personal opinion of Mr Bush because "the film-maker has to hide in the work".
    "Here I'm the referee and I want a fair, true portrait of the man," he said.
    "How did Bush go from an alcoholic bum to the most powerful figure in the world?"
    The film would include a look at the president's "belief that God personally chose him to be president of the United States and his coming into his own with the stunning, pre-emptive attack on Iraq", he added.
    'Movie-star swagger'
    Stone said he was hopeful of securing the services of Brolin - who has also been seen recently in American Gangster.
    "Josh is actually better looking than Bush but has the same drive and charisma that Americans identify with Bush, who has some of that old-time movie-star swagger," Stone added.
    It's a shame they lost faith in the film and that they unemployed 500 people right before Christmas

Oliver Stone on halted film Pinkville

He said he was upset when film company United Artists halted production of his Pinkville film - based on the 1968 My Lai massacre in Vietnam - at the end of last year.
    United Artists cited the writers' strike as the reason for that - despite the script already being finished.
    But Stone said: "On Pinkville, I had a great script and one of the best casts on any of my films with 40 young actors and Bruce Willis. "It's a shame they lost faith in the film and that they unemployed 500 people right before Christmas. We were three weeks from shooting." He said he wanted to revive Pinkville in the future.