Politics

There are 2,687 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 831,566 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Got the following in an email, and immediately thought of erthomp's signature quote! :biggrin:

[/INDENT]

• Come on Stumpy, Give me some Names of These Dummys and some of the so Called News People !!!

:fear:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

Obama
    Pelosi
    Reid
    Kennedy
    Soros
    Sulzberger
    Specter
    Matthews
    Buffett
    Emmanuel

Like I said, Bill, I think the Duke would be thoroughly disgusted with almost everybody in the Democrat Party but if you want specific names, those listed above are some of the most disgusting (and dangerous).

De gustibus non est disputandum

• When politicians are caught with their hand(s) in the till, they invariably insist that they acted "within the rules". Of course, the SOBs always gloss over the fact that they wrote the rules to benefit themselves.

• There are two names that I consider very dangerous. They are the Secretary of Treasure Timothy F. Geithner, and Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr.

They take orders from our president but they do have an agenda that would shape this country like it's never seen before.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited 2 times, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• I just received the following in an email. I'm fully aware that a lot of information circulated over the 'net via email is false and/or not completely true so I can't and won't vouch for the truthfulness of this report. Nevertheless, it's enough to make you wonder if perhaps Americans got taken to the cleaners last November.

Some of the remarks indicate the information is dated but this is the first I've heard of it. Of course, with our Obama-loving news media, I'm not surprised.

"WASHINGTON D.C. - In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama’s qualifications for the presidency, the group "Americans for Freedom of Information" has Released copies of President Obama’s college transcripts from Occidental College . Released today, the transcript indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia as an undergraduate at the school. The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California. The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify, for the scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship. This document would seem to provide the smoking gun that many of Obama’s detractors have been seeking. Along with the evidence that he was first born in Kenya and there is no record of him ever applying for US citizenship, this is looking pretty grim. The news has created a firestorm at the White House as the release casts increasing doubt about Obama’s legitimacy and qualification to serve as president. When reached for comment in London , where he has been in meetings with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Obama smiled but refused comment on the issue.

Britain's Daily Mail has also carried the story in a front-page article titled, "Obama Eligibility Questioned," leading some to speculate that the story may overshadow economic issues on Obama’s first official visit to the U.K.

In a related matter, under growing pressure from several groups, Justice Antonin Scalia announced that the Supreme Court agreed on Tuesday to hear arguments concerning Obama’s legal eligibility to serve as President in a case brought by Leo Donofrio of New Jersey . This lawsuit claims Obama's dual citizenship disqualified him from serving as president. Donofrio’s case is just one of 18 suits brought by citizens demanding proof of Obama’s citizenship or qualification to serve as president.

Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation has released the results of their investigation of Obama’s campaign spending. This study estimates that Obama has spent upwards of $950,000 in campaign funds in the past year with eleven law firms in 12 states for legal resources to block disclosure of any of his personal records. Mr. Kreep indicated that the investigation is still ongoing but that the final report will be provided to the U.S. attorney general, Eric Holder. Mr. Holder has refused to comment on the matter."

• I wish somebody could explain to me why it is that the stinkin' liberals always have to inject race, no matter the situation. Notice that in this article's headline, there's no mention of qualifications or merit. No, all they're interested in is the fact that the selection is the first Hispanic.

And yet the sorry SOBs are always accusing those of us on the right of racism. Talk about hypocrisy.

• In my opinion, Obambi and his toadies are taking a lot of steps (such as the takeover of GM, Chrysler and other American institutions) that are against the law. The question is, when in someone gonna challenge these clowns on this nationalization of our economy?

• Like I have said before, it's up to us.. if all we do is complain with out taking action.. we get what we deserve.

"...and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• One thing's for sure - I'll never again purchase an automobile that originates from what used to be GM. If there's one thing you can count on, it's that a product made by government is going to be of worse quality than one made by a privately-owned company. GM's cars were already of poor reliability but they're only going to get worse. In the future, if I buy an American-made automobile, it'll be a Ford.

• Yeah our choices are getting slim... Do they still make Fords here?
    Didn't most of the American car companies move plants to Mexico and Canada?

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Yeah our choices are getting slim... Do they still make Fords here?
    Didn't most of the American car companies move plants to Mexico and Canada?

Ford still has the Ranger plant in St. Paul, MN and I am pretty sure they have a couple down south. I know Canada has a Ford plant or 2. I own a Ford truck and a Chevy car. It will be a long time before I even think about a GM pickup if ever. I have no complaints about my F150. My Chevy Impala is actually a really nice car. Great gas mileage, 30mpg, and room for the 4 of us. Plus the truck is big enough to carry LOTS of groceries!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne