Any baseball fans out there?

There are 131 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 25,208 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I used to watch Baseball on the tube a lot back in the 70's and 80's but gradually weaned myself from baseball and now only watch moments here and there; during the World Series.

However, I do like watching the Tour of California and Tour de France races as well as any off-road racing and races held in Monte Carlo.

Also, I don't know if it is only a rumor or not but, I heard that Lance Armstrong was going to race in this years Tour de France.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I am a proud Twins fan and a founding member of the Twin's Territory Team.
    With Johan, Mauer, Morneau, Hunter and Nathan, we should have a great year again!!

"Were going to win Twin's were go score, were going to win Twins, watch that baseball soar!!!"

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Okay, I'm gonna bump this back to the top cause I know there are some more baseball fans out there. I can see a lot of trash talking going on here as we cheer for our teams.
    GO BRAVES!!!!!

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Braves will be alright, but realistically speaking they are kind of in the same quandry as the Twinkies, starting pitching is abig question mark. Unlike there glory years when they had Glavine, Smoltz and Maddux. Things have changed and I think you might be looking up at the Phillies!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I've always been a Baltimore Orioles fan. It's getting harder every year to get excited about the coming season knowing the my birds hold little hope of competing with those hated Yankees. For the last few years, Boston has gotten into spending big money just to keep pace in the division.

Our pitching looks good, but they still need to prove they can be consistant. I hope this is the year Danial Cabrera finds his groove. That man has one heck of a pitching arm on him:hyper: . He just needs to stop losing the strike zone.

This is the year Cal Ripken Jr. goes into the Baseball Hall Of Fame. He got the third highest vote of all time getting in. I sure miss watching him play. I was at the park the night he tied Lou Gherig for the most consecutive games played streak. It was electric.

He got his 3000th hit against your Twins in the Dome, SXViper. He needed 3 hits that night, and got them! If my Orioles can't get it done this year, I hope your Twins do. I've always liked them also.
    4 more days, and its......PLAY BALL!!!!!

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• When I was a kid we lived in Houston, Tx for a few years (mid 70's) and the man that lived across the street from us was in charge of batting practice, wish I could remember his name. Well I got into batting practice all the time, I still have a bat that was given to me during a practice. I got to sit in the dugout and also go into the locker room, so I am an Astro's fan...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• I've always been a twinkies fan. My old high school girlfriend's father was co-owner of the Twins at the time. We got a few owner's box seat trips to see the Twins. She turned out to be a stuck up snob and we parted ways. But I still cheer for the Twinkies.

• When I was a kid we lived in Houston, Tx for a few years (mid 70's) and the man that lived across the street from us was in charge of batting practice, wish I could remember his name. Well I got into batting practice all the time, I still have a bat that was given to me during a practice. I got to sit in the dugout and also go into the locker room, so I am an Astro's fan...

Those poor Astros - I keep rooting for them, but they just can't manage to get through the playoffs:ohwell: !
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Nope, just like their football team, well ok their old team the new one couldn't fight there way out of a paperbag... lol

Had a great time at a Giants game a while back, they needed the Astors to win their game so they could get into the playoffs. Everyone in Candlestick was cheering them on and when they won the park went nuts... was fun to be there cheering on my team.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• That's true Viper, but we still have Smoltz, but he is aging, Tim Hudson isn't what I thought he would be and I think Hampton is all but done, however, we are supposed to have one of the better bullpens this year, so I'll just wait and see.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Hello gt12pak,

You're talking about the Aberdeen Iron Birds. I live about 20 minutes from Ripken Stadium, where they play. A real nice park sitting right off of I-95 in Aberdeen. They are building a miniature Camden Yards and a miniature Memorial Stadium in the same complex that will be used for Little League teams.

I work in the Printing Business and my company sometimes prints letterheads, scheduals and other stuff for the Iron Birds. We even printed their Christmas cards last year.

I heard on the news that Aberdeen is looking to sell Ripken Stadium and that Cal's company, The Tufton Group, is looking into buying it. Baseball has been very good to him.:smile:

Mark

• Not big fans (of any sport, actually), although we have enjoyed watching our son play in Little League. Last year, we watched the local farm team play, and that was really enjoyable - the big league feel of good baseball, without the huge price. If either of the "local" teams (SF Giants and Oakland As)are in the World Series, we have a slightly heightened interest).

Chester :newyear:

• Hello again, gt12pak

I need to correct my previous post. The Iron Birds are affiliated with the Baltimore Orioles, not the Braves. Which team are you talking about Ripken owning? I didn't know he had more than one team. Baseball's been very, VERY good to him! :teeth_smile:

Mark