New Movie Discussion

There are 141 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 36,846 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Come on Stumpy, nothing wrong with a little sack time!!!! :wink_smile:

Hey Todd, the expression "sack time" to me has always meant "to sack out", i.e., sleep.

What does "sack time" mean to you, huuuuuuuh? :teeth_smile::teeth_smile::teeth_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Went to see 10'000 years bc last night and I liked it. No sex however some Juraisic Park like moments that could register as a little too scarey for knee highs.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hey Todd, the expression "sack time" to me has always meant "to sack out", i.e., sleep.

What does "sack time" mean to you, huuuuuuuh? :teeth_smile::teeth_smile::teeth_smile:

My guess is as a person get's older the definition changes alittle!! :wink_smile:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• no Lt B its just that we grew up in a more innocent time when "sack time" really did mean going to bed

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hey now, I am a young 41, soon to be 42, and I always defined it both ways. Just depending on the mood!!!!

-John Wayne

• During the run-up to the Oscars this year, all the buzz was about "No Country For Old Men" and "There Will Be Blood". As we know, "No Country" won Best Picture (though I don't know why).

Did anyone see the other, and was it any good? It's coming out on disc next week and if it's a pretty good movie, I'll rent it.

Man, those Academy Award voters have some really off-the-wall tastes, IMO.

I rented "There Will Be Blood" today to determine whether it deserved all the praise that it garnered prior to the Oscar presentations. I'll admit that Daniel Day Lewis did a bang-up job as the lead actor in that movie but the story itself was more than two hours of total boredom.

Coming on top of the Best Picture Oscar for "No Country", (which I didn't understand the award), I'd strongly recommend that anyone contemplating the purchase or rental of either one of these films because of all the pre-Oscar hype save their money.

• Just wanted to let everyone know (if they didn't already) that one of Gregory Peck's better Westerns (one of my favorite Westerns period) will be released on 26 August. It's "The Stalking Moon" and I can almost guarantee that anyone who digs Westerns will like this one. It's also cheap - less than 10 bucks.

• If you're looking for a good movie to take the kids too, we watched Space Chimps last night and I got more than a few laughs out of this one.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Thanks Gt, after the reviews I was thinking of waiting for the DVD release.

My wife and I are headed for "The Dark Knight" on Tuesday night. Its my birthday and I wanted to see it!!! I will report back what its like. I am expecting great things after all the hype.

-John Wayne

• Well let me be the first to wish you a very happy birthday Viper, I got one coming up next weekend myself. I always thought that Jack Nickelsons (sp) performance as the Joker would never be topped, but I have to admit that I have heard a lot of good things about Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker as well. Even going so far as he could win the oscar posthumously (sp).

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Looking forward to hearing your reports on The Dark Knight from you guys. I can't believe the press and high praises this movie is getting. If you look at IMDB, they have voted that movie #1 replacing Godfather, Part 1 in a big way. I have just about decided not to see this, but I may have to go and see this myself. I'm not a big Batman fan.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I have heard that the Batman comic thing is not even a issue, it is just a great crime drama and isn't brought down by comic book "goofiness". I really liked the first one, Batman Begins. That was a very good movie and quite scary at times during the hallucination scenes. I will definetly let you guys know what I think after Tuesday night.

-John Wayne

• Well, I have seen "The Dark Knight". The first thing that hit's you with this movie is how dark it is. Not the lighting but the mood and atmosphere. Heath Ledger is simply awesome in the movie, he is funny, disturbing, scary, hilarious, freaky, and goofy all at once. This movie is not for the kids in your house, unless they happen to be teens. Everyone does a great job and it really sets the tone for the ending of the film by all the things that happen during the movie. I don't want to give to much way but I will say this, Batman is never hokey like the previous films or TV series. I leaned over to my wife at one point and said to her, "If it wasn't for the mask, this could easily pass for a Bond type film". Bale brings a real personal touch to the Batman and you can fell the torment of feelings that he is having. And its not hokey, like I said before. Well thought out and a really good crime drama. I highly recommend this movie. My wife liked it and she is not a huge fan of comic book hero movies but she love's Bond and the new Bond and liked this movie as much as I did, maybe even alittle more. Go see it!!!!!

-John Wayne