New Movie Discussion

There are 141 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 36,670 times. The latest Post () was by WaynamoJim.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• As mentioned in this biography. maybe it was his "truculent demeanor and raspy voice" that turned you off, Mike. :wink_smile:
    But he did turn in some great performances in various roles. I really liked his acting in "Anatomy of a Murder", "Patton", "The Hustler" and "The New Centurions", even though he didn't play a very likable character in any of 'em.

On screen I could accept him in his roles it was more his off screen persona I didnt like.

• Well, I rented the latest Indiana Jones movie today and I wasn't impressed at all. In fact, I thought it was silly as heck.

I went to the theater to watch it. I liked it but not enough to go buy it. I have been contemplating if I should buy it, but after pondering it, why?? It was fun to watch but not memorable. I would be better off buying a classic that I KNOW I will watch over and over again.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• It was fun to watch but not memorable.

I was so disappointed in it that I went to the Imdb site and read comments and reviews by other viewers to see what they said. Most of them were very disappointed too.

When it was first released in May I had contemplated going to the theater to see it since I had enjoyed two of the previous three so much but I always try to get a feel for movies before going to the theater. So I had researched it first on the net and didn't find a lot of rave reviews; I therefore decided to just wait on the DVD. Glad I did since it saved me some money.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I went to the theater to watch it. I liked it but not enough to go buy it. I have been contemplating if I should buy it, but after pondering it, why?? It was fun to watch but not memorable. I would be better off buying a classic that I KNOW I will watch over and over again.

It completely agree with SXViper. this movie is not seeing many times
    repeatedly worthy.
    However, there's a impressive dialog of Indiana Jones.
    "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things
    and starts taking them away."
    regards,
    Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• I can hardly wait.

Me either, as my avatar has been showing for about 2-3 weeks now. My wife and I are very excited and already have a baby sitter lined up. We don't even care that we are going on opening night!!

-John Wayne

• watched leather heads and liked it. not deep but without sex profanity or gore they managed to produce what I call light entertainment. worth the rental cost in my book.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• watched leather heads and liked it. not deep but without sex profanity or gore they managed to produce what I call light entertainment. worth the rental cost in my book.

Thanks for the info Kilo 6. My wife and I were debating on that or Rendition. We ended up with Rendition. That was ok, my wife likes those types of movies, political thrillers, ect....

-John Wayne

• Received this set from Amazon yesterday so guess I'll have some of my favorite genre to watch the next few weeks. As you can see, these films get rave reviews from people who've seen them (which I haven't).

• My daughter sent home a western movie she had. It's called American Outlaws. it's about Jessie James and Cole Younger. Some of the cast members are Colin Farrell, Scott Caan, and Ali Larter. I usually don't care for the new westerns like I do the older ones, but I have to say this movie is very good. There's no F..bombs as someone put it and no sex scenes. It has comedy also. A very good movie. I'm real glad I took the time to watch it.

Dixie

• My daughter sent home a western movie she had. It's called American Outlaws. it's about Jessie James and Cole Younger. Some of the cast members are Colin Farrell, Scott Caan, and Ali Larter. I usually don't care for the new westerns like I do the older ones, but I have to say this movie is very good. There's no F..bombs as someone put it and no sex scenes. It has comedy also. A very good movie. I'm real glad I took the time to watch it.

Dixie

Thanks Dixie, I have seen this movie many times at the video store or for sale but have never heard anyone review it. I guess when its slow this winter I can pick it up and give it a try.

-John Wayne

• Received this set from Amazon yesterday so guess I'll have some of my favorite genre to watch the next few weeks. As you can see, these films get rave reviews from people who've seen them (which I haven't).

I've watched three of these films and so far, haven't been impressed at all. The people giving those rave reviews apparently wouldn't know a really good Western if it came up and bit them. (Still haven't watched "The Tall T" and "Comanche Station".)

• I went with the kids to the theater this afternoon and saw Disney/Pixar's latest release, Bolt.

When I saw trailers for this film, I was not that impressed. I read a review that at least led me to believe I wouldn't hate it.

All I can say is, if you have kids you have NO excuse to not see this movie, and if you are childless, I can tell you there were actually more adults than children in the theater. TOTALLY appropriate for the kids, and enjoyable for everyone! Excellent graphics (would we expect anything less from Pixar?) and a well-done story line that highlights the importance of friendship and loyalty. I really enjoyed watching the cat teach the dog all the ins and outs of being a dog (hey, he's led a sheltered life!).

I heartily recommend it!!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• New movie"Appaloosa” in Japan schedule of release seems undecided.

The movie which i think would like to see, continuing, also 3, in Japan not yet released , are regrettable thing.

as "Seraphim Falls"(2006)
    "3:10 to Yuma"(2007)
    and "Appaloosa"(2008)
    On earth what will the Japanese movie distributors think about?

regards,
    Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• The newest movie coming out this weekend is Marley & Me. If you are a dog lover, then this movie is for you. It is for the whole family. This is for not only the dog lover but for everyone. I hope you will see this movie at theaters or on video when it comes out. It is a great one.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• My wife and I took the family to Bed Time Stories. I am not a huge Adam Sandler fan but this was a fun movie for adults and kids. I higjly recommend it.

-John Wayne

• Trailer for a new movie, The Widow's Might

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

There are other videos on YouTube regarding the movie.

I think quite a folks here would enjoy this film. It is in a very limited release, in just a few theaters. I would definitely see it if it was anywhere near us (which it isn't :cry2:). If any of you folks make it to a showing, please let us know how it is.

Mrs. C :angel1: