Addams or Munster

There are 16 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,243 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Your Favorite? 14

1. Addams (2) 14%
    2. Munsters (12) 86%

Simple question. Are you more of a Munster or Addams?

I am more like a Munster. I guess I like monsters more than freaks. What is your choice?

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I liked both shows, but The Munsters edges out for the same reason E-P gave. :wink_smile:

Plus, how could you not love Herman?

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Munsters fan here :thumbs_up: I always liked them much better than The Addams Family--though John Astin, Thing, Lurch and Cousin It; were a hoot!

I have been able to catch a few Munsters episodes on TVLand recently, and those all were hoots--especially the one where Herman gets lost in the sewer system. :teeth_smile:

By the way, last year, some few to several months before Al Lewis passed away. Al had put on a 1 night show here in Corpus Christi. Tickets were sold out long before I could dream of buying one. :glare: Al Lewis was also interviewed for about 30 minutes on a local Radio Station's talk show, and was a hoot.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I always liked the ones where they sped up the camera. Hilarious!!!!:laugh:

Oh the ones that Paul Lynde were in were some of my favorites.

I liked those as well. And Paul Lynde was great. I mainly remember him in Bewitched and a movie called: The Villain (as an Indian Chief) w/ Kirk Douglas, Ann Margaret and Guv-- Aaaahnold Schwarzenegger.

• Well . . . I was the only one (so far) that voted for the Addams Family. I'm not really sure why, but I have more memories of watching the Addams Family than the Munsters. Of course, that was over forty years ago, and I haven't watched either show since then. I do remember being nicknamed Lurch by all my wonderful "friends" at school. It was funny, because I would move from one school to another, but the name seemed to follow me :glare: . . . I was tall . . . .

According to IMDb, both series ran from 1964 to 1966. In March of 1966, I went into the Navy for four years, so that may be blurring my memory some. We may have to rent some from our local DVD store to refresh the ol' memory banks. What's that you were saying about Marilyn??

Chester :newyear:

• Funny the Munsters TV series was funnier than the Addams Family yet it was the Addams Family that was developed into movies.

Mike

Hi Mike, The Munsters also had I think? two movies. One I remember was where they went to England or somewhere, not sure? I have not seen these in many years but, I do remember they did have 1-2 movies. Im hoping it doen not turn out that these movies were made out of 2-3 episodes? Also, I remember the movie(s) being in color.

• Hi Ringo

I think it was Munsters Come Home which was produced when the original TV series was airing. The Addams Family movies were made long after the seires with Raul Julia, Anjelica Huston and the excellent Christopher Lloyd.

I caught sight of a remake of the Munster TV series in colour but wasnt a patch on the original.

Mike

• Hi Mike, thats the movie, thanks! I never saw the Addams Family movies so can't really comment on those. But I do agree that the Munsters in color--just were not as good as the B&W ones.