Prayer Requests And Updates

There are 59 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,850 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• For those of you in our community who are prayin' folk, the Mrs. and I are asking that you will keep our two middle children (Thomas, age 19 and Alison, age 17) in your prayers. They are leaving this evening to be gone for a month-long mission trip to Ghana, Africa. We pray that they will have safe travels and good health the whole time, and the same for the whole mission team (about 25 people).

Thanks, guys!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

You got it Jim and Sue. They should have fun and it should be quite educational but as a parent I totally understand where you are coming from. God bless there trip.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• For those of you in our community who are prayin' folk, the Mrs. and I are asking that you will keep our two middle children (Thomas, age 19 and Alison, age 17) in your prayers. They are leaving this evening to be gone for a month-long mission trip to Ghana, Africa. We pray that they will have safe travels and good health the whole time, and the same for the whole mission team (about 25 people).

Thanks, guys!

Done. And will continue to pray!

• Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. I just wanted to let you know that they have completed the first portion of their trip safely, having arrived in London's Heathrow Airport earlier today. They are now on their second flight, into Accra, Ghana and should arrive around 6 PM GMT.

Cindy, in answer to your question, they are on a mission trip with a group from Colorado (which includes dear friends who used to live in California), who have been to Ghana several times in the past few years. Part of their trip will be to offer continuing support to the existing church there, and to evangelize neighboring areas as well. They will also be going to bring food and comfort to a leper colony that is there (maybe more than one, I'm not sure about that). I know they will be visiting schools while they are there (they brought soccer balls to give the kids, hoping customs guards won't steal them).

I expect this will be a life-impacting experience for them ("educational" as Todd put it).

We'll keep you up to date as we know what's happening.

Mrs. C :angel1:

Thanks, guys!

I'll certainly keep them in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everything else is going all right with you folks!
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• What a wonderful and noble thing for your children to be doing. That they would have the desire to serve other's in this way speaks volumes, not only about their character, but, their parent's as well. I must say, WELL DONE, Chester & Mrs. C.!!!:thumbs_up:

Glad they've made it this far safely. No doubt, they're in Father's hands....

I think it would be nice to give them an official welcome home from JWMB members when they return...Any ideas on how to do that?

Not sure if I will be here or in Nevada at that time so I might have to do my part in it before I go. Still don't know when we are leaving.

Cindy

I expect this will be a life-impacting experience for them ("educational" as Todd put it).

That is more or less what I meant. I am sure there will be things they no longer will take for granted after being there.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Safe landing in Accra, Ghana.

Of course, I can track their flights via the internet, but I can't any longer trace their steps.

Todd, I knew what you meant by educational, and I believe this will be an eye-opening experience, and a humbling one, and you're right, I suspect there are things they will not take for granted ever again.

• Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. I just wanted to let you know that they have completed the first portion of their trip safely, having arrived in London's Heathrow Airport earlier today. They are now on their second flight, into Accra, Ghana and should arrive around 6 PM GMT.

IMrs. C :angel1:

Should have told Arthur, he might would have met them there to say Howdy! Glad to see that they are doing fine.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• We just wanted to let you know that we finally heard from our kids (although until then we held to the theory that "no news is good news"). They are doing well, keeping very busy going to a different village each day. Last week, the mission team saw 30 to 40 baptisms!

Our daughter got a phone card and called, but the call was pretty short. It was pretty cool to be able to say that our daughter called FROM AFRICA!

So as we hear more (which we probably won't hear too much), we'll keep you updated.

• Our daughter just called again this morning, with a little discouraging news. Thomas is sick, possibly with malaria. He has been administered an antibiotic, and if he responds to it, he doesn't have malaria. If he's not better by tomorrow, they will be taking him to the clinic. Their team leader wanted to take him to the hospital, but the travel doctor the kids went to before the trip told them NOT to go to a hospital (he said they're a death trap), and told them specifically which clinic to visit. Of course, it is our prayer they won't need to make that trip!

• Chester and Mrs. prayers to you and your son, Thomas. Hopefully it is not too serious and he'll be up and going very soon. Thanks for the information and know he is protected and loved.

Cheers :cool: Mike

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Yeah, Chester how are things going and is Thomas is better? We are praying a lot around here for him.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote