Auto racing

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,601 times. The latest Post () was by Priceless1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I have been a fan of NASCAR and auto racing for many years. I am familiar with the origins of stock car racing and how it came to be in America. But I am interested to find out a little more about auto racing overseas.

I have watched the Formula 1 Grand Prix races televised from other countries, but do other countries have an auto racing association that is anything like NASCAR? And also, do other countries get to see the NASCAR races on television? Are they familiar with it and watch it? Or, could they really care less? I'd be interested to learn a little about your thoughts on this.

Okay, my favorite NASCAR driver was Dale Earnhardt. I now support his son, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. all the way.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Let's go racin' boys! :hyper:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• ladybug, have you seen the thread regarding merchandise that combines Dale Earnhardt, Jr. AND John Wayne??

I also thought I'd bring back this thread, since you got no responses the first time around. Sometimes that happens because folks just didn't see it . . . . I know I missed it the first time around.

Chester :newyear:

• I
    Okay, my favorite NASCAR driver was Dale Earnhardt. I now support his son, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. all the way.

I have been and always will be a Sr fan. Jr, as well. He just isn't his Daddy. Kerry is a classy young man. He never had the goodies Dale Jr and Kelly got from their Daddy.
    I met Dale Jr at Watkins Glen. He is at home with kids as his Dad was.

My relatives in the UK are into Formula 1, they call Nascar America Iron.
    They watch the different car classes from the Bmw's, Rovers, to Lauries running around the track. Nothing like a Laurie at 100+ mph on a road track.

• Trouble with Nascar and all those other roundy-round cars is they have to keep going in circle trying to find the finishline! We drag racers have no problem finding it and it's only an 1/8th or 1/4 mile away!:wink_smile::shades_smile: