John Wayne the $3,000,000 dollar painting

There are 17 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,344 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Cant believe someone would pay that kind of money for such a poor likeness.

I do like the smaller ones better.

CHANCE how about showing us yours?

Elly

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• I agree with you, Elly. The second set is much better and well done. As for our resident artist, Graham (Chance)? He does an exceptional job at capturing Duke in paint. You can do a search for his work in past threads, but here is one he did for me. He is great at putting you into a picture with the man himself. I love mine. He also does other western characters as well.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• $3,000,000 Dollars ?
    :stunned:
    O Heck I will Sell the Two Painting that are Hanging on the wall at The 26 Bar Ranch for a lot less than that, and Give Half to Graham Leggett and Bryan Varnam that Painted the Pictures and are Members of this Web-Site !
    :hyper:
    You can see the Two Paintings on the Site Below.
    :teeth_smile:
    Then we can take the Rest of it, and I will Lease a G-4 Gulfstream Jet, that you Pay $3500.00 Per Hour for, and we will ALL GO To KONA HAWAII for a Few Weeks and Fly the Islands like My Wife Martha and I did back in the Early 1980s !
    :angel:
    Thats the way DUKE would have Done It !
    :beer:
    Only when my Wife and I did it, We were in a Cessna 172 at $50.00 an Hour !!!
    :yeaahh:
    http://www.ranch26bar.com/PALS.html
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• I have to agree that the second set of paintings is a little better than the high priced spread, but think neither can hold a candle to Chance's reditions.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I'm not sure who came up with the idea that picture is worth 3 million, but, I would not hang it on my wall for free! That has to be the worst painting I have ever seen of Duke:vomit:
    The mouth is contorted and like Ringo said, looks like he's sucking on prune pitts....lol. The ears are too small and the eyes look weird, too. The second group of pictures are slightly better, I guess. Except under the eye it looks deformed. I hate to say it, I wouldn't hang those on my wall either.

So Chance, looks like you need to be asking a lot more for your art! You leave these people in the dust! Maybe you should contact some of these same places and offer to sell your work for 3 million and tell them half of that can go to the JWCF!

I can see the auction now...If Chance's work was there next to the other's, his would be the one bringing in the bids, no doubt...The other's would still be sitting on the auction block when the bidding was over....

• I agree with you, Elly. The second set is much better and well done. As for our resident artist, Graham (Chance)? He does an exceptional job at capturing Duke in paint. You can do a search for his work in past threads, but here is one he did for me. He is great at putting you into a picture with the man himself. I love mine. He also does other western characters as well.

Mark

Hello Mark

thanks for posting this painting. its really great.

Elly

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind