Important! If You Are A John Ford And/or Classic Movie Fan.

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,555 times. The latest Post () was by Senta.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Then this post may be the most important one you will ever read. Fox has just announced the upcoming release on December 4, 2007 of an unprecedented collection of films by the greatest American film maker himself, John Ford. The "Ford at Fox" collection contains 24, yes, 24 feature films together, many of which have never been available on any home video format before. This 21 disc set will also include the new documentary, "Becoming John Ford."

This event is truly an unprecedented one, I don't believe a DVD release of this magnitude has ever occurred before. Hopefully, if this release sells well, it will inspire Fox and other studios to issue more of these kinds of comprehensive, all-inclusive collections. The 24 films included in this set are:

What Price Glory (1952)
    When Willie Comes Marching Home (1950)
    My Darling Clementine (1946)
    How Green Was My Valley (1941)
    Tobacco Road (1941)
    The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
    Drums Along the Mohawk (1939)
    Young Mr. Lincoln (1939)
    Four Men and a Prayer (1938)
    Wee Willie Winkie (1937)
    The Prisoner of Shark Island (1936)
    Steamboat Round the Bend (1935)
    Judge Priest (1934)
    The World Moves On (1934)
    Doctor Bull (1933)
    Pilgrimage (1933)
    Seas Beneath (1931)
    Up the River (1930)
    Born Reckless (1930)
    Hangman's House (1928)
    Four Sons (1928)
    3 Bad Men (1926)
    The Iron Horse (1924)
    Just Pals (1920)

Right now, Amazon has the collection on sale for $209.99 (regularly listed on Amazon at $299.98). DeepDiscount has it listed at $222.62. So, if you want to get this, I would recommend you save yourself a few bucks and place your pre-order for Amazon's sale price right away, as I don't know how long the Amazon sale price will be in effect. It's a lot to shell out at one time, but remember it is a 24 film collection, so if you take advantage of the Amazon special, it averages out to just $8.75 per film. Here is the link to the collection on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi…N/B000WMA6HI/imdb-button/

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• WOW with all the collectibles and dvds that came out this year i could be homeless soon but i'll have a nice collection.:stunned:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• hi Bill

Me too!

Other women spend on clothes and jewels, not me! I have been through VHS tapes (mostly twice the price of normal as they had to be ordered form USA) Laserdiscs, does anyone remember these? Nigtmare to store but superb quality. Then replaced laserdiscs with DVDs and now I am replacing DVDs with all singing all dancing? remastered, collectors, special editions DVDs.

What more will they do to part this fool from her money :teeth_smile:

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• What more will they do to part this fool from her money :teeth_smile:

Ever heard of HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs and players??

Seriously, this sounds like a great collection, and there are very few titles in the set which we already own, so it would be a pretty good investment.

Thanks, ej, for letting us know about this opportunity!

Chester :newyear:

• Hi,
    I've missed the first post at this thread unfortunatly, but right today saw this great collection on Amazon. It is really great. Some silents which I was so long anxios to see included in it. Right now I couldn't spent more then 200 on it, but I hope to purchase it at the beginning of the year. Of course it is possible to buy separetly some parts of it, but it is better to have all at once - I have only 3 titles from it and in Russian releases which is not always good.
    Regards,
    Senta