Today's Country Music

There are 49 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,484 times. The latest Post () was by Dukesfan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Another good one by Marty Robbins is "Big Iron".

De gustibus non est disputandum

• This is one of Marty Robbins best albums, Sanada.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Here's a trip down memory lane.
    [extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Chester :newyear:

• This is one of Marty Robbins best albums, Sanada.

I just bought that CD for my dad. It was his birthday and all he had was the original LP vinyl recording. Kind of hard to listen to it in the vehicle.

I grew up obviously listening to that style of music, I agree, it is a lost form of country music.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• i agree... i am a HUGE George Strait fan. he puts on a heck of a show. i love Randy Travis and Dolly Parton. i cant stand to listen to Rascal Flatts they are NOT country if anything they are a very bad interpretation of rock.

• rascal flatts= horrible. not country, not by a damn sight. I forgot to include Marty Robbins on my list and lots others too but some of this new stuff is just country because it isnt anything else.

"Fill your hand you son of a b--ch"

• I received the CD "Unbridled" by the Western Underground, the former band of Chris LeDoux, yesterday. There where great new songs, all in Chris LeDoux style on this CD, but I miss Chris´ phantastic voice! The last track was "I´ve got to be a Rodeo Man" and no ohter singer can do this song like Chris LeDoux did!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• I've been trying to find that CD everywhere, being a big Western Underground fan, as they were the "Chris LeDoux sound", but I can't seem to find it anywhere around here.

The only thing is, I just don't think it will be the same without Chris, which sort of makes me a bit hesitant to buy it, but I think I will nonetheless.

Speaking of Chris LeDoux, I can't find the CD/DVD set that was released a few months back either, which I really really want to get.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hi,
    I bought the Western Underground CD "Unbridled§ from the website.Try one of the following links:

http://chrisledoux.com/store32.htm

http://www.westernunderground.com/

They sent it to Germany, so I think they will send it everywhere! - The CD is great, has new written songs in Chris LeDoux style, except the last song "I´ve got to be a Rodeo Man", that was a great original Chris LeDoux hit. They should not have put this one on the album, I think, although it´s a special tribute to Chris. Unfortunately nobody can sing it, like he did!

I met Chris LeDoux years ago, as he did a concert in Upper Austria. Was so great!

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."