What are you listening to?

There are 381 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 133,899 times. The latest Post () was by wtrayah.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• SXViper, any news of a new frontman for Velvet Revolver over there in the States.
    Cheers luckynedpepper

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• SXViper, any news of a new frontman for Velvet Revolver over there in the States.
    Cheers luckynedpepper

No news yet. I have heard that Slash is currently working on a solo project with a bunch of differnt singers so I don't think its a top priority right now. I spend alot of time on this website http://www.sleazeroxx.com/index.html They kind have information for a whole lot of differnt bands. Plus it lets me relive the 80's!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• a cd called "dreamboats and petticoats" all stuff like billy fury, marty wilde, brenda lee, roy orbison etc.... bought it last week and can t stop playing it

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• SXViper,so he might kill 2 birds with 1 stone and find a new singer for VR through his solo project.
    luckynedpepper

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• No news yet. I have heard that Slash is currently working on a solo project with a bunch of differnt singers so I don't think its a top priority right now. I spend alot of time on this website http://www.sleazeroxx.com/index.html They kind have information for a whole lot of differnt bands. Plus it lets me relive the 80's!!!!

My nieces favorite band VR. She loves Slash. I did her computer up and redid her wallpaper VR and G'N'R.

• I can just envision someone stopping their emergency CPR on a dying person and looking up their old Bee Gees cassette tapes. :wink_smile:

I did some heavy-duty dancing to that song. I personally liked disco music.

Hi Stumpy my friend, you like disco music?
    Heh,heh,heh.
    I heard cd by Bob Seger "Greatest Hit".
    When i was 20, listend to his record(not cd,vinyl record) for the first time.
    Now,the goodness of his tune & lyrics are better than that of old times.
    and it come to be able to undrstand better.
    In this cd,my favorite are the song "Against The Wind" and "Old Time Rock & Roll"
    Bob songs
    Just take those old records off the shelf
    I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself
    Today's music aln 't got the same soul
    I like that old time rock 'n' roll
    Don't try to take me to a disco :wink_smile:
    You'll never even get me out on the
    In ten minutes I'll be late for the door
    I like that old time rock'n' roll
    Still like that old time rock'n' roll
    That kind of music just soothes the soul
    I reminisce about the days of old
    With that old time rock 'n' roll
    Won't go to hear them play a tango
    I'd rather hear some blues or funky old soul
    There's only sure way to get me to go
    Start playing old time rock 'n' roll
    Call me a relic, call me what you will
    Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill
    Today' music ain't got the same soul
    I like that old time rock 'n' roll

regards,
    Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

Edited 2 times, last by H.sanada ().

• You bring back some good memories, Taka. I too like that old time rock and roll (from the Fifties and Sixties). To me, the new music is just noise.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• You bring back some good memories, Taka. I too like that old time rock and roll (from the Fifties and Sixties). To me, the new music is just noise.

Make the ears bleed!! That's good once in awhile too!!!

-John Wayne

• Not if it leaves you deaf for life, Todd.

"You know where you are, you're in the jungle baby
    You're gonna die, I'm gonna watch you bleed"

That's 80's rock!!! The "most" dangerous rock band, ever!!

-John Wayne

• I listen to MeatLoaf in my car allot. Anyone else here a Meatloaf fan? Bat Out Of Hell, Paradise By The Dashboard Light and You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth are really great tunes (IMO). I have all the albums he ever put out. Loved them all but the last one. I seen him in concert twice. Puts on a really good show.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• This guy could sing it all, so that while his rock-and-roll numbers were outta sight, he could also come across smooth as silk in pop numbers. Check out his "Beyond The Sea" for a wonderful example of the latter.

• While I like and appreciate alot of the artist's from the 50's and 60's, I did grow up in the 70's and 80's, I absolutely loathe most everything from the 70's but the 80's hair metal and rock & roll is what I grew up listening too. That and some country music. So I have to say there are alot of band's that I enjoy listening too but to make me reminsce about the "old days", I pop in some GnR, Whitesnake, Metallica, ect... from the 80's.

-John Wayne

Edited once, last by SXViper ().

• While I like and appreciate alot of the artist's from the 50's and 60's, I did grow up in the 70's and 80's, I absolutely loathe most everything from the 70's but the 80's hair metal and rock & roll is what I grew up listening too. That and some country music. So I have to say there are alot of bad's that I enjoy listening too but to make me reminsce about the "old days", I pop in some GnR, Whitesnake, Metallica, ect... from the 80's.

The same "generation gap" that affects movie tastes also affects music tastes, Todd. I'm not denigrating your tastes in music because I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of "different strokes for different folks". It's just that I stopped listening to music after the early Seventies because hard rock and its' offshoots just ain't my thing. I've never even heard of the groups you name.