What are you listening to?

There are 381 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 133,770 times. The latest Post () was by wtrayah.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I know you youngsters don't dig music like this but please, indulge me. This is the very first song the wife and I danced to and ever since then (49 years), it's been our song. We love it but only Percy Faith's version.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I can't believe it - I'm finding songs on YouTube that have been among my favorites since the Fifties, for gosh sakes. Apparently I'm not the only dinosaur in this world. :))):

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

• stumpy

thanks for sharing all this wonderful music with us, some of it i remember from my childhood. my mum gave us a great apprication for all types of music but i have to say little brown jug is my fav, i have the glenn miller movie on dvd just for his music. so does that make me a dinosaur as well :))):

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• i have the glenn miller movie on dvd just for his music. so does that make me a dinosaur as well

If it does, smokey, it makes you a cultured dinosaur. :wink_smile: That was one of my very favorite Jimmy Stewart movies and June Allyson made it perfect. I also have it for the music as well as the acting.

• I spend a lot of time on the road for my job and just ended an Elmer Bernstein binge with the soundtrack cds for Comancheros, Katie Elder, Magnificent Seven and Great Escape.
    The only problem was that during the action sequences, I found myself hitting 80 mph on the thruway. Gotta watch that.

We deal in lead, friend.

• I received a year gift from my computer for a subscription to Napster. I am listening to John Wayne movie themes and enjoying the True Grit music right now as I type or post here. This is so much fun, and I seem to have a smoother flow with my typing, well most of the time. I have to correct some things here. I am also listening to some Elmer Bernstein music. Totally cool.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I spend a lot of time on the road for my job and just ended an Elmer Bernstein binge with the soundtrack cds for Comancheros, Katie Elder, Magnificent Seven and Great Escape.
    The only problem was that during the action sequences, I found myself hitting 80 mph on the thruway. Gotta watch that.

I received a year gift from my computer for a subscription to Napster. I am listening to John Wayne movie themes and enjoying the True Grit music right now as I type or post here. This is so much fun, and I seem to have a smoother flow with my typing, well most of the time. I have to correct some things here. I am also listening to some Elmer Bernstein music. Totally cool.

Careful! You might end up typing 80 MPH on the keyboard! :))):

• I am listening to "Love Letters from Maureen O'Hara".
    At first, it released on RCA in 1958(ofcourse on LP).
    recently it has been released on CD in Japan.
    She has gorgeous soprano voice. It's very good CD.
    and I am proud of having this CD.

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• I'm listening to Stewart Whitman on Chester's post. Not bad when talking western. :wink_smile:

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I'm listening to The Dave Brubeck Quartet and the Time Out album on napster. Pretty cool music while I write here. That Take Five song is totally cool.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote