Oh No the Oscars are back on!!!

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,371 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• For all those hoping that the writers strike would last long enough so that we wouldnt
    be inflicted with the annual brain dead convention aka the Academy Awards I bring bad news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7236845.stm

No doubt the fragile luvvies will all be gushing over each other in their joy of having a night out and will urge on their heroes Hillary and Barrack at every opportunity.

Where's the fall out shelter???:vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

Mike

• I couldn't agree more with those sentiments, Mike.

That annual exercise in narcissism is totally disgusting. I stopped watching it when Bob [Hope} stopped emceeing it and the only reason I watched it with Bob is that I enjoyed his humor so much.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• wont be watching it or hearing anything about this as i will be at work that day/night am i one of the lucky ones or what. dont buy the paper so miss this form as well

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Even without cable you still get it on news bulletins and papers:cry2:

You're right, we will have opportunity to hear about it after the fact (will get most of the news from the radio), but we won't be spending any time watching the actual event. The Mrs. likes to listen to the radio because she can be doing other work while she listens.

Chester :newyear:

• I actually enjoyed the Golden Globe Awards back in January. It was good to get the actual winner without all the hog-wash, and it didn't last 10 hours. I was hoping it would be the same for the Oscars. This show is a total waste of time, and I will not be watching it either.

Sad that they had to resolve the strike. I don't think the writers write too well anyway with the quality shows today. And I thought that the reality shows would doom the network shows anyway, but I guess I was wrong about that.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I feel as you all do about the awards. Looks like a good enough of an excuse (not that we need any) to watch at least two John Wayne movies ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Well I am going to watch it, I love to see the dresses that the ladies are wearing, all the hype and predictions before hand, Joan Rivers' face lift, and John Stewart is soooooooo funnnyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh come on, who am I kidding. I hate that stuff as much as you guys do!!!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne