Staying in Idaho

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,725 times. The latest Post () was by Lt. Brannigan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Smokey,

The photo's of the mountains were taken from Grand Targhee ski resort on the Wyoming side. We however are on the Idaho side, and this farm faces them. So I actually do see them daily.

We had a lot of snow this year, even more than what that photo shows. It brought a lot of accidents because we also had several days with extreme winds. There were areas south of us where there were over 40 accidents in one day. I'm sure Brannigan saw his fair share of blizzard conditions this year as well. I still love Idaho so much...To me it is heaven on earth.

• cindy

im glad that you have found your little slice of heaven on earth and you have your "adam" to go with. all i can say about the snow is stay safe and warm as we would all sure miss you if you didnt

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• You just gotta love waking up each morning and looking outside!

From '67 'til '70, I was an Army recruiter stationed in Denver. I lived in the Rockies on weekends. I guess as a flatlander from Texas/Oklahoma who had never seen anything higher than an oil derrick, I was particularly impressed with those beautiful mountains.

I used to look out across that vista of snow-covered mountain peaks and think to myself "there is a God" because only He could have created something so wondrous.

The only part of this world I've ever seen that I thought approached the beauty of the Rocky Mountains was southern Bavaria in Germany, which has the Alps.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Yep, the first thing I do each day is open the curtains on both windows....

Well, bust my britches.....Hey there Stumpy! Good to see you're back here!!!
    I have not been to the Alps, although I've been to Germany. I saw the beauty of Canada as I drove to Alaska. The beauty of this earth does shout of a loving and tender Father in Heaven. Between wildlife and nature there's so much to please the senses. When I'm surrounded by it the rest of the world and all of the chaos disappears...